Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: barnett warranty

Default not good

Quote Originally Posted by Quad82 View Post
    The guy I sold the Revolution to (the first one that blew up while cocking), called me. Seems the factory top sling mount stud pulled out of the rail while he was walking to the woods. The bow fell backwards and landed on the scope. Trashed it. I am going to call Barnett and see if they will replace the stock. I don't think they will do anything about the scope. But I have to try. Barnett never did send me a new stock after the riser blew up. It still has the gouges on the sides of the stock under the rail. The rep called and left me a message after they sent the bow back to me. I had already sold the bow. But it was better for me not to call him back at the time. I am still pizzed about the whole ordeal!
    It seems I am hearing more on this and thats not good to do when you aretrying to get things turned around. Hunter2

Dear Quad82...

walk away after the repair/replacement is completed on the one you sold; if you want to get something in the same price range you might want to examine and shoot an Eastman X-Force 300DX which are built by Darton and offer very reasonable warranties: 10 years on riser, 10 years on stock, 10 years on trigger/safety, 5 years on the limbs, ?5 years on the cams?; they are not the speediest or the lightest, but I'd rather have something built like a tank that I can depend on;

best wishes for success in your endeavors and keep bugging Barnett to fix their problems

Ya. I picked up an Excalibur Ibex from David at Wayvern. Not the fastest. But it is accurate and DEPENDABLE!

Barnett talks of wanting to turn things around and even talked to david at wyverns about what it would take but I am not seeing the action from them it would take to get me to buy a bow from them. If it cost alittle more to get one of their bows it would still be worth it. Dont get me wrong,I am not trashing Barnett! Its just that I like the wildcat C5 but barnett keeps screwing up and I afraid to get one. I wished they would invest more in the makeing of their bows and even if they cost more that would be fine.

The stuff Ive been reading about the warranty is the reason I'm not getting a Barnett. My first choice was the wildcat C5 because of the speed and price. I mean if it had a better warranty I would buy one. I know I my never need it but it would be peace of mind knowing it was there if I did. My thing is They clam that they will stand behind there bows no matter what so why don't they back it up with a good warranty. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Barnett I just don't understand the 1 yr warranty.

+ Reply to Thread