Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do crossbows hold their zero well?

Default Do crossbows hold their zero well?

I understand nothing is perfect but my question is has anyone had trouble with the zero or bolt impact changing over time, assuming the bow was not dropped or otherwise damaged? I am wondering if age on the bow itself changes zero as the limbs age? I will certainly check my zero before hunting season each fall, but should I check it in between hunts ?
    Thanks

As long as you do your maintenance regularly, the zero should not change as long as the scope/sights are not jolted about.
    I have not had to change scope adjustment in the 5 years I have had mine.
    Past Master; Dryden #472

Parker Bushwhacker.
    1.5" 3 blade Rage Slip Cam heads.
    20" Carbon Express Bolts.

Spammers are dealt with harshly!!

Had bow sighted in and was shooting great, removed the limb assy to remove quiver mount and after reassembly I thought I should check it. Shot two shots very low then started shooting dead on again?? Did it have to settle in?? Should I be concerned??

Anytime that your bow is adjusted in that manner, it will change something and then zero must be reset or rechecked.
    Otherwise it should not change.
    Past Master; Dryden #472

Parker Bushwhacker.
    1.5" 3 blade Rage Slip Cam heads.
    20" Carbon Express Bolts.

Spammers are dealt with harshly!!

After sleeping on it I am convinced my scope is defective. I have emailed Barnett to see if they will replace it, but may just buy better scope!

With my recurve crossbows as long as the brace hight stays the same and I use the same weight arrows and the scope dosent get knocked around it's all ways on aim.
    The tolerance on your Barrett may change the zero a bit if you remove the riser or a cam go's out of time a bit.or the scope moves!

Thanks for the replies and I agree, what makes me think it's the scope, it always changes vertically and in same direction and same amount! It intermittently will shoot 12-14" low. The last time it shot 2 x with the same arrow 12-14" low then without any adjustment thee third shot went right in the bulls eye! This is the third time it had done this! Missed a doe at 20yds, so I shot at target and it shot underneath the target! Rezeroed it and then before I went to hunt again I thought I would check because I do NOT want a wounded Deer! And Again it shot two arrows under target and then back to zero without me touching the scope. I have checked and tightened scope mount 12 times! I ordered an Excalibur Tact-Zone Illuminated Scope, 2.5-6x32mm today so will let you know what happens!

What do you have for a crossbow?
    I had a TactZone on my first Matrix 330, but sold it to my brother in-law with the bow.
    I really liked the Tactzone!
    Matrix 310/330 (Snuffy II) 18" executioners ~ ADF ~ Cheek piece ~ ShadowZone
    Tombstone case ~ 36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
    Strings by 8ptbuk ~ Boo ~ Jack Pine
    Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Barnett Ghost 410 with a speed adjustable scope I think it is made by cross. I have had rifle scopes do this exact same thing. I ordered a tactzone scope, I know what Barnett will tell me, send the bow back and I really want to hunt the few days I have before gun season. I can't see where anything else would cause it to shoot 12" low at 20 yds and then back to zero! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Update, the tact zone scope I ordered never showed up, ebay is giving it till the 14th to see if it shows ,if not they will refund my money. In the mean time I called Barnett and kudos to there people, they agreed they think the problem is in the scope also so they sent me a replacement at no charge! I mounted today and it worked great like the original so will check it every few days to see if it changes zero!

+ Reply to Thread