Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: arrows

Default arrows

Apart from the obvious use of arrows for what they are made for,in a survival situation a arrow or four
    Could be tied around a straight branch and used as a thrusting spear
    And that could be used to reach up high and cut fruit from a tree,with the sharp broadheads.
    Hollow alloy arrows could be used as a straw to get at small pools of water in cracks in rocks
    A hollow arrow may work as a close range blow gun on a small rat or something maybe,

I have a blow gun, air rifle, and a crossbow.. should be set for silent hunting
    Matrix 310/330 (Snuffy II) 18" executioners ~ ADF ~ Cheek piece ~ ShadowZone
    Tombstone case ~ 36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
    Strings by 8ptbuk ~ Boo ~ Jack Pine
    Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Arrows with large broadheads could be used in a pit trap like what was used in the Vietnam war with the small or large holes with the bamboo spikes covered in dung in them.
    Not sure what survival situation haveing to make something like that,but would work I assume!
    Of course don't make traps like that in the Bush and just walk off and leave it.
    Just in theory if in a survival situation and you had a quiver full of arrows.
    A camp set up and hostiles around in some shithitthefan,ect and lost your knife's and couldn't make propper spikes in a hurry.
    They did in fact set up primitive crossbows as Booby traps in The Vietnam war with catgut trip wires across trails,and rubberband powered arrow traps,with the arrow in a long bit of bamboo.
    Maybe I've just watched first blood to many times!

Quote Originally Posted by 19frogger57 View Post
    I have a blow gun, air rifle, and a crossbow.. should be set for silent hunting
    Blow guns are great for smallgame close range hunting!
    There's some pretty full on one's on the market .
    I had to make my own because I think they may be illegal to sell here in Australia.
    I don't have one now but years ago I had one!

+ Reply to Thread