Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crossbow rail lube

Default crossbow rail lube

Hey fellow Crossbowers.... I have a question for you. Is there a big difference between a "crossbow rail lube" and say any other highly refined oil? Example: I am a barber, why couldn't I use my clipper oil, which is very high grade and highly refined? Couldn't I just use that? (i know that bow oil is orderless) but other than that, is there a big difference?

Hi,the oil may attract grit,the servering may have a adverse reaction to the oil
    But guess it would be ok to use just a little bit
    I've never used oil,I wax the serveing a little bit,take the riser off my recurve and rub the wax in the length of hole string,on the rail,I use a product called rail snot,just a little dab,
    I use to run wax on rail but it starts to collect on the latches of the trigger and may get in the trigger box if I don't clean if off,
    But with that oil ,is it clear,then Turns black after it's rubbed on?might be ok to use but I'm not really sure to be honest!
    I use a little bit of gun oil in the trigger,unless the oil melts away the serveing or something stupid I don't see why a little dab won't work,tho some xbows give off a burning smell when shot,
    Might smell like a bbq!haha

It may be OK for the trigger mechanism and the cam pivots but do not use it on the string and servings or the rail.
    "Rail Snot" is a silicon based gel that is way slipperyer and also helps to keep the servings and trigger claws lubed and clean.
    A 4 oz tube will last several years since you do not need to use a lot.
    Past Master; Dryden #472

Parker Bushwhacker.
    1.5" 3 blade Rage Slip Cam heads.
    20" Carbon Express Bolts.

Spammers are dealt with harshly!!

Hey Slayer~ Thx for the advice. It all sounds pretty logical after hearing you explain it all. I'll give some of that RAIL SNOT a try. Thanks again.

Thx for the advice. You're the second one to recommend RAIL SNOT. I guess I'll give it a shot.

+ Reply to Thread