Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: adding prod blocks

Default adding prod blocks

I have the mk180 folder 130#, I have been considering adding aluminum blocks to the prods in the hinge bracket to increase draw length from 10'' to about 10.3/4'' to 11'', I am concerned it may overstress the prods and trigger assembly resulting in a catrastophy, has anyone made this mod yet?

When I had my MK180, I bought some extra limbs which I tried to adapt to a Middleton crossbow, but the limbs broke; they are not as flexible as other limbs, but are quite stiff. I don't know if the trigger would hold up or not. I did increase the draw of an MK 150 A3B by 2" and that bow is still with me and functional today, but the prod is much more flexible than the limbs on the MK180. It increased the arrow speed to 300 fps and the draw weight from 175 to 230 lb. You can read about it here if you like: http://www.crossbowforum.com/showthr...kenbow-project
    "I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
    Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
    Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
    XX75 2219 Death Darts, flat nocks, and Flemish strings. Recurves Rock!

Thanks Jack Pine, I have been rifle and shotgunning for 30 years and the mk180 is my first xbow, thought it would be perfect for small game, I think I won't do the mod for safeties sake.

+ Reply to Thread