Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: broad head

These arrows made all the difference. Spynal Tapps with a 92 grain insert and 125 field point. When I put muzzy Trocar 125 grain crossbow heads on, in the do at 50 and 60 yards. Total arrow weight is 438 grains. I ordered 10 arrows. None were more than 438 and 3 were just over 436 grains. VERY consistent. Awesome bolts.

Default BEEs Vs Tapps

They are great arrows but they are more than I would ever need coming out of my Storm. If Jerry suggest Tapps he must think you are shooting past 60 yards. 0-60 yards the BEEs and Tapps from a Storm are hitting the same POA. But hey, there isn't anything wrong with buying the best.

Yeah, that's just what he recommended. So I went with it. No sure of the price difference, but it is sort of like bullets... at the end of the day they are the cheapest part of the hunt. I will pay a little extra per deer I guess.

I'm fairly new to crossbow hunting as well (4 yrs) and in my experience I've had success with fixed blade broadheads. First brand I used was Montec - worked great. And to try something new I'm now onto using Muzzy. My field points are the same grain as my broadheads. I shoot the field points first for accuracy on the target, then switch to the broadhead - usually always with the same accuracy.

+ Reply to Thread