Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Band Crossbow

Default Power Band Crossbow

I'm trying to see if anyone here remembers about 10 years ago that Cabelas used to sell a very unique crossbow. It didn't have any limbs and it used slingshot power bands. They claimed that it had the fastest arrow speed of anything else available but now I can't find any info on it. I'm interested in building something similar but the name of this "bow" completely escapes me and none of the searches that I've tried are helping at all. Anyone know about this? ......thanks......Robb

I thin kyou are talking about a "spear-gun"...it's something you dive with actually, but I'm sure it can shoot arrows if you make it that way. You can grab thera-band or thera-tube at Amazon.com...basically it's this really nice rubber tubing used for exercise equipment. Also I hear you can actually buy trigger assemblies that are practically grab and go for these guns(so I hear). Good Luck! ...and don't forget to share what you come up with...I've been planning a similar build for a long time now.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-...-speargun.html

PS: You can make something like this too...

http://thebowyersden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=476
    Last edited by Ivo; 12-18-2009 at 02:50 AM.
    All Genius - is Simple.
    - Paradox.

Default Spear Gun

Hi......thanks for the reply ....it might come in very handy for what I'm doing. It wasn't a spear gun. It was a hunting crossbow. Cabelas doesn't sell any diving equipment. My friends and I were very intrigued by this crossbow but then when I had decided that I wanted to get one they weren't in the catalog anymore......Robb

You know this idea is pretty interesting. Can you tell me more about what you have planned? Do you have any pictures of the band based design?

I actually know a guy who is big on unusual crossbow like weapons. If you want to discuss your design in more detail we might just help you out a bit and get things rolling with a few more minds involved. What do you say?

If interested then just throw your idea here...

http://thearbalistguild.forumotion.c...re-they-t8.htm

The topic of "crossbow perversions" was already discussed on a Russian crossbow making forum and has grown to 41 pages of crazy cool ideas and is still growing.
    Last edited by Ivo; 12-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    All Genius - is Simple.
    - Paradox.

CAnt post links right now. Go to crossbownation.com then "all other brands" then scroll down to old crossbow thread. Will post link after I get five posts here.Sucks but thems da rules.

I post as lightfoot here and there.

Default the bow with power cords is called a linear bow

I am looking for any info on the linear bow as well.

Steve

Default the bow with power cords is called a linear bow

looking for any info about this bow
    steve

you mean this one, follow link and scroll down.
    http://slingshotforum.com/topic/4989...shot-crossbow/

yes that is the linear bow i am looking for all information about this bow

1. what years were they sold.
    2. how many were sold
    3. was there more then 1 model
    4.how much did they sell for
    5. how much would one be worth today
    6. does anyone have an onwers manual they would part with

Default linior bow

The inventors name is Robert Blair who also builds and sells the Com-Bow. He has now joined CBN and you can reach him by pm or just post a reply on the forum there. He can also be found at the slingshotforum.com

Powerbands as an "engine" is a very viable idea as the relaxation time is very quick (especially when heated), but since the performance depends on the temperature of surroundings, it makes it rather unusable as an accurate and consistant performing machine. Steel springs if not overstretched can do the same but more reliable performance (and therefore accuracy.

Hope that helps.

W.

+ Reply to Thread