Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power Band Crossbow

They claimed that it had the fastest arrow speed of anything else available but now I can't find any info on it. I'm interested in building something similar but the name of this "bow" completely escapes me and none of the searches that I've tried are helping at all. and I am looking for any info on the linear bow as well.

Default Linier bow

Why not just write the inventor. He still has one or two lying around and can send some pics or offer some advice. www.combowslingguy.com

Or, just visit the slingshot channel on youtube where slingshot phenom JoegS has plenty of them he builds and shares with the slingshot community.

Just remember anything you read about the linior bow was many many years ago when "high performance bows" didnt really exist. At the time the linior was a nice alternative powered weapon that was marketed as a crossbow.

Scorpyd builds the worlds fastest production crossbow available with their slp165 capable of 465 with a 350 grain arrow or 425 with a 400+ arrow.

alternatively an inventor named House built a spring powered bow back in the late seventies that achieved 425fps with a 265 grain arrow. You can still view his patent online.

theres even a fella that builds torsion powered crossbows... or manuballista very much like the powerband bows, but uses steel springs for better performance in varying tempatures and increased life.

Youtube houses the slingshot channel and I think thats your best bet. His best uses speargun rubber on a medievel design and has a couple hundred lbs of pull. Not a kids toy.

Good luck with your build and perhaps consider joining the arbalist guild run by Ivo. Its all free, has a forum, and some very knowledgeable and skilled builders from the international community.

Cheers. W

Default I have two linearbows and manuals are you still looking for anything on these ?

I have two linearbows and manuals are you still looking for anything on these ?

QUOTE=glock907;6278]yes that is the linear bow i am looking for all information about this bow

1. what years were they sold.
    2. how many were sold
    3. was there more then 1 model
    4.how much did they sell for
    5. how much would one be worth today
    6. does anyone have an onwers manual they would part with[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer1 View Post
    Why not just write the inventor. He still has one or two lying around and can send some pics or offer some advice. www.combowslingguy.com

Or, just visit the slingshot channel on youtube where slingshot phenom JoegS has plenty of them he builds and shares with the slingshot community.

Just remember anything you read about the linior bow was many many years ago when "high performance bows" didnt really exist. At the time the linior was a nice alternative powered weapon that was marketed as a crossbow.

Scorpyd builds the worlds fastest production crossbow available with their slp165 capable of 465 with a 350 grain arrow or 425 with a 400+ arrow.

alternatively an inventor named House built a spring powered bow back in the late seventies that achieved 425fps with a 265 grain arrow. You can still view his patent online.

theres even a fella that builds torsion powered crossbows... or manuballista very much like the powerband bows, but uses steel springs for better performance in varying tempatures and increased life.

Youtube houses the slingshot channel and I think thats your best bet. His best uses speargun rubber on a medievel design and has a couple hundred lbs of pull. Not a kids toy.

Good luck with your build and perhaps consider joining the arbalist guild run by Ivo. Its all free, has a forum, and some very knowledgeable and skilled builders from the international community.

Cheers. W
    Hmm, I might have to check this out.

+ Reply to Thread