Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My First And Last Barnett Bow....

Default My First And Last Barnett Bow....

unnamed2..jpgunnamed1..jpgMy Barnett Recruit Compound. I LOVE this bow... I am getting ready to buy a new one in August but unfortunately it will NOT be a Barnett. I am cutting tie with them....

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1967 View Post
    My Barnett Recruit Compound. I LOVE this bow... I am getting ready to buy a new one in August but unfortunately it will NOT be a Barnett. I am cutting tie with them....
    Why? Problem with the bow or with the company?
    I have been looking for an inexpensive wheelie to do some string/cable experimentation on, if you decide to part with it, PM me.
    Jack ><>
    Last edited by Jack Pine; 07-12-2015 at 07:48 AM.
    "I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
    Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
    Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
    XX75 2219 Death Darts, flat nocks, and Flemish strings. Recurves Rock!

I remember people haveing problems with strings breaking
    due to a cam problem i think,,thats the only thing i recall hearing
    About issues with that barrnett.its a cool looking xbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pine View Post
    Why? Problem with the bow or with the company?
    I have been looking for an inexpensive wheelie to do some string/cable experimentation on, if you decide to part with it, PM me.
    Jack ><>
    Hey Jack,

It's a problem with their company... Have been fighting with them over a certain issue with the scope that they sent me. I sent 5 emails in the last year over it with no response. Finally I had to threaten them with going over their head straight to either the VP, President and/or CEO of the company on the 6th email and finally someone responded. He told me that he wanted me to ship them, at their cost, both the bow and the scope. They wanted to replace the scope and make sure the bow is shooting true. Now knowing what my bow does in FPS (faster than the advertised 300 FPS) I AM not sending the bow back. The bow is fine. Its the scope that's the prob. It hasn't worked from day one and its suppose to be their premium scope.

After a few emails back and forth the last email from this gentlemen stated that they still wanted to replace the scope and when I send it out to give him the Tracking number and when he saw this scope moving he will send the replacement. I told him to email me the Shipping label and once I printed it out I would tape it to the box and it will go out on Monday. Then he told me that I had to pay for S&H AFTER the fact that he said they would... Nah.... Im done with Barnett. Sad part is I was going to make a large order from them in August. Guess someone else is gonna get that order...

Sorry buddy this bow is going no where. I am gonna get a new scope for it. Take it and have it tuned and re strung and give to my step-son as a practice bow for a year. After that I will take it and have it gone completely over with a fine tooth comb and give it to my then 13 yr old daughter as a practice bow.... This is an awesome good bow...

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip slayer View Post
    I remember people haveing problems with strings breaking
    due to a cam problem i think,,thats the only thing i recall hearing
    About issues with that barrnett.its a cool looking xbow.
    Nope not having a string problem or cam problem. The problem is with there Customer service. This bow is excellent and I got lucky with this one. Its shooting a stronger FPS than the 300 that is advertised... I am getting ready to go hunting for my first time IF I can get someone to take me and this bow, along with another, will be going with me...

Ive put up with customer service a lot worsse then that,but from a
    company the size of the big B ,you would expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip slayer View Post
    Ive put up with customer service a lot worsse then that,but from a
    company the size of the big B ,you would expect better.
    Exactly... I mean when I sent out 5 emails in over a years time and did not even get one response back.... Yeah that just turned me off on them....

Things have changed there. I sent an email and two hours later I got a phone call and by the end of the day the issue was fixxed.

Quote Originally Posted by gmann158 View Post
    Things have changed there. I sent an email and two hours later I got a phone call and by the end of the day the issue was fixxed.
    Hmm, they might have improved their services over the years.

Last edited by ClintCooper; 11-05-2017 at 10:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread