Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huntmore 360 or RedHeadŽ BlackOut Swivel Hard-Arm Chair

Default Huntmore 360 or RedHeadŽ BlackOut Swivel Hard-Arm Chair

Which of these is a better all around hunting chair. For bow and gun.

I use a $30 fold out chair from wal-mart and tripod in my blind. It's a bigger chair and comfortable works great for me.

I keep a big folding chair, tripod and an old camo sleeping bag in my car for Winter bow season. Find a likely spot, set up the chair and tripod, and wrap myself up in the sleeping bag... Instant ground blind and blanket!
    Joe T. MK150 (some mods)
    Chace-Star 225
    Jaguar 175
    True-Flite gold Stalkers w/125 gr. Rage 2" Slip-Cams on Chace
    "home-brew" 2219 shafts w/125 gr 1.5"Slip-Cams on MK & Jag

I do a fair amount of still hunting and don't like to carry a lot of stuff, so for me the best I have used is a niff-t-seat. It is so small and light weight that when when walking in the woods and hanging on my belt I don't even realize it is there. No doubt there are others more comfortable but it is more comfortable than it looks and way better than sitting on the ground.

If you don't mind the extra bulk and weight then I guess the lounge chairs are okay.

Todd

I never really had the patience to sit up in a tree for long hours, and in my younger days I was a pretty darned good still hunter/stalker. Most of my bow kills have been stalked. But age has taken more of a toll on me than I'd like to admit. With my glasses on, I can't see my feet. (Neck no longer bends far enough down to compensate for the refraction of the lower lenses...) So I wind up stepping on a lot more leaves and twigs that I used to avoid. Without the glasses, I can't see the DEER! So I'm kind of between a rock and something hard.
    I've spent a few days in the tree this year, never seeing a deer except for 2 that walked up opening morning while I was still in the process of hoisting my bow up the tree...
    Still hunting, I've seen 9, three of which seemed plausible stalking targets. Never got within range, but at least I only spooked one of them. The other two merely wandered off, and I no longer have the skill of tracking a particular healthy deer through heavy cover. Tonight I saw 2, but stalking was out of the question. They were 200 yards down a recently harvested field, and my only approach would have taken me across the field. I've seen them there before, always a little before sundown. So I backed off and just watched them feed for a few minutes. I got there too late to get into position. I work until 5:00, and saw them at 5:20 and they were probably there well before that. Not much I can do until the weekend. But Saturday morning, the chair will get hauled 600+ yards from the road to where I need to be. I don't have a stand there, and I'm not about to raise cane in a 100 acre woodlot putting one up that won't have a chance to "age" into the scenery. So at about 3 pm, my "instant blind" will be put to the test. If nothing shows, I'll leave the chair there for a later date... Nobody else is messing with this little piece of woods that except for the one field, is completely surrounded by industrial complexes. You might consider it "Urban" deer hunting. But that's central Jersey.
    Joe T. MK150 (some mods)
    Chace-Star 225
    Jaguar 175
    True-Flite gold Stalkers w/125 gr. Rage 2" Slip-Cams on Chace
    "home-brew" 2219 shafts w/125 gr 1.5"Slip-Cams on MK & Jag

+ Reply to Thread