Advertise With Us
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scorypd

Default Scorypd

I hope I spelled it correct. On another site a owner has many pictures posted. This bow looks really awesome. It seems to be prced very competative also. Hunter2

You got the y and p backward but I've done it too.
    Heck, they look the same at a glance.
    Love my Scorpyd more and more everyday, Hunter2.
    Holds incredibly well, has an awesome trigger, and is fantastically accurate.
    Would not trade mine for anything else !

Default chrono

Have you had the oppurtunity to check the speed of it? I listened to one on U tube and it is very quiet. Hunter2

Default Speed

341 fps with a 219.75 gr arrow.
    Boo has got over 380 fps with 350 gr arrows

Boo is offline Straight Shooter (supporting member)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    341 fps with a 219.75 gr arrow.
    Boo has got over 380 fps with 350 gr arrows
    I think you have a miss-print there Paul. This is what I got.

The chronograph was an Archery Chrony F1, I made 4 arrows with the intent to clock 3 of them. They were Lazer IIs, aluninum insert and plastic half moon nock. With a 125 gr tip total weight was (1)349, (2)348 and (3)351. I used 2" Fusion vanes and shot about 3.5' from the chrony.
    arrow
    1) 384, 383, 381, 382
    2) 382, 381, 383, 381
    3) 384, 382, 384, 381

Lazer II with a brass insert, filed rear nock and blazers. It weighed in at 440 gr with a 100 gr tip.
    Speeds were 344, 343, 345, 343.
    OHA Life Member, NRA Member, DVC#452
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default new bow

I E mailed Scorpyd and asked if they were going to make a bow thats faster or has higher poundage draw, and he said he could nt say. That told me we may be seeing a Scorpyd thats like Stryker type speed if you ask me for the new model year. Hunter2

[QUOTE=Boo;3646]I think you have a miss-print there Paul. This is what I got.

You are correct, Don.
    I meant 419.75 grains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2 View Post
    I E mailed Scorpyd and asked if they were going to make a bow thats faster or has higher poundage draw, and he said he could nt say. That told me we may be seeing a Scorpyd thats like Stryker type speed if you ask me for the new model year. Hunter2
    I have a gut feeling we will see a faster Scorpyd in 2010.

Boo is offline Straight Shooter (supporting member)

Jim has some lighter limbs that will be available soon! I can't begin to imagine just how little noise this will have. Should make this bow even more fun to shoot!
    OHA Life Member, NRA Member, DVC#452
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Scorpyd 165

I know the 125 has received great reviews but the 165 is even hotter.

Fantastic crossbow

Super fast

Couldn't have a better trigger

Super accurate

Jim Kempf is probably the nicest crossbow company owner in the world. This company has not exploded yet but give it time and I expect it to take over the crossbow industry. I just started crossbow hunting due to a recent law change down here. I had compared all the bows and narrowed it down to the latest bowtech stryker and excaliber eqiunox. The sales rep at Bass Pro responded to my question of "what is your best, most reliable crossbow without considering price?" with a bow they didn't even carry the Scorpyd. After explaining how he is trying to sell his top of the line Ten Point to use the money on a scorpyd, he pulled up the scorpyd web site for me at Bass Pro. The salesman in the archery department stared at the screen with a dreamy look in his eyes. I didn't purchase a crossbow from Bass Pro but instead went home and researched the Scorpyd. Couldn't find any negative reviews. None. I don't care what you sell, someone in the world will not like it and post a negative opinion. None. Only folks bragging on how great the bow is. Well I am one happy hunter with my new Scorpyd rdt 165 and will be back out this weekend showing it off to a deer or two.

If you are considering a new crossbow, call Jim at Scorpyd. I promise you too will be bragging about the crossbow if you do.

+ Reply to Thread