Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you zero your Crossbow Sight?

Default How do you zero your Crossbow Sight?

I acquired a Parker Blackhawk. It said on the box that it was zeroed from the factory. When I shot it two days ago, it was far from calibration. I have read that you zero at 10 yards. After that do you make adjustments as you move back in distance?

Thank you for any input.

Its hard for something like a crossbow to be zeroed spot on by someone else as different holds will make it shoot slightly different.

I take a shot at short range and give it a quick zero just so I know I`ll hit my target bag. I get it somewhere central then pull back to a longer range and fine tune .

Take a few shots before fiddling with the scope just make sure your bolts are grouping and you have not pulled the shot .

I dunno, I started my zero at 15 yds and moved back from there.

Factory Zero is from a stabilized holder [rifle rest] so that would eliminate any variations from person to person.
    Worshipful Master; Dryden #472

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Parker Bushwhacker.
    1.5" 3 blade Rage Slip Cam heads.
    20" Carbon Express Bolts.

Spammers are dealt with harshly!!

Ive never tried zeroing a crossbow from a rigid rest . doesn`t sound like a good plan to me . Hold your crossbow loose and it shoots one way , pull it in really tight it shoots another way.

I zeroed a crossbow bang on for me but a mate who was left handed was hitting nowhere near until he re zeroed it for himself .

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I acquired a Parker Blackhawk. It said on the box that it was zeroed from the factory. When I shot it two days ago, it was far from calibration. I have read that you zero at 10 yards. After that do you make adjustments as you move back in distance?

Thank you for any input.
    Glock, you've got the basic idea already; what you DON'T want to do is start at 20 yards unless you like losing your arrows.
    Mount your scope
    shoot at 5 yards and adjust
    shoot at 10 yards and adjust
    shoot at 15 yards and adjust
    decide where you want your 1st aimpoint [crosshair] to be [usually 20-30 yards]
    shoot at 20 yards and adjust. If this will be your 1st aimpoint, continue to zero; if not, zero where you like.

Jack ><>
    What was William Tellís foc, fps, KE, dtt, momentum, db noise level, arrow material, spine, grain weight, fletching, nock, and point style when he had to make his first shot count?

Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B forcefeeder
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Death Dart Arrows, Suicide Strings, and Backwoods Bipod

I basically did a calibration at 10 yards. I went to 20 and did a tweak. I went to 25 yards and a small adjustment. I used a two tiered shelf as a rest.

Then I used my sling and shot standing. Right on the mark at 25 yards so I was happy.

Sounds and looks like you got her, now shoot and have fun you can stepback a little and play around too see how your setup reacts.

It's been fun shooting. Right now I have that pile of branches that I'm waiting to have hauled off. I've only been shooting from 34 yards, right now. It's a blast.

What do you think about some of the higher end rope cockers like the retractable one with magnets for about $70. Are those worth it?

I zero mine in at 20...I have a multi-reticle 3X32 Redhot...my main cross is 20...after that is zeroed the 30-40-50-60 are good to go. I've shot 20 and 40 from a rest and all off hand. Shooting deadly!
    Parker ThunderHawk
    G5 Montec Broadhead

i zero in 20m and for 25m is just 3/4'' drop

+ Reply to Thread