Advertise With Us
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Middleton crossbow

Default New Middleton crossbow

Wuddayathink about the new Middleton SS crossbow?
    Width - 28”
    Length - 33.5”
    Weight - 5 lbs
    Draw - 11.5”
    Draw Weight - 250 lbs
    Velocity - 375 FPS
    Price in $C is $649.99 or about half of what Excal wants for their new Matrix.
    Same darn ugly stock though, but I'm now considering the Middleton instead of the Matrix, and it's not all the $, I always did like the stainless steel trigger box of the Middleton and the lifetime limb warranty. 1 thing that puts me off about Middleton though, is all the complaints about a lack of communication on their part. Hopefully they will be more available by summer and may even come down in price some. This could just be the ticket for me.

Jack ><>
    Attached Images
    I am a treehugger when my platform slips, and a proud member of PETA .... People Eating Tasty Animals.

Well, it's certianly intriguing... But what I DON'T like about the stock (aside from it's looks) is how THIN it appears to be. About a month ago I took what can best be described as a hasty, unplanned descent to the bottom of a snowy ravine. I landed pretty hard on my MK, and had to carry my stirrup home in my pocket. I'm thinking that a landing like that would turn the Middleton into ha high-output crossbow pistol. LOL. I like robust.

Joe T.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    Well, it's certianly intriguing... But what I DON'T like about the stock (aside from it's looks) is how THIN it appears to be. About a month ago I took what can best be described as a hasty, unplanned descent to the bottom of a snowy ravine. I landed pretty hard on my MK, and had to carry my stirrup home in my pocket. I'm thinking that a landing like that would turn the Middleton into ha high-output crossbow pistol. LOL. I like robust.

Joe T.
    Joe, If I buy this crossbow, I'm SERIOUSLY going to try to mod an MK thumbhole stock complete with trapdoor to it!!

Jack ><>
    I am a treehugger when my platform slips, and a proud member of PETA .... People Eating Tasty Animals.

A Sportsman’s Outdoor State North Ctrl WI

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pine View Post
    Joe, If I buy this crossbow, I'm SERIOUSLY going to try to mod an MK thumbhole stock complete with trapdoor to it!!

Jack ><>
    Jack

Hmmmmm ?

Now let me get this straight you’re considering making a mod on almost a $700 crossbow W/A Lifetime Warranty?

Where did that Budget Minded Jack Go?

IMO
    Have to agree with Joe, unless it has strong reinforcement at that point.

It also may not have held up as well as my MK drop from 20ft to hard ground

billygee

Quote Originally Posted by billygee View Post
    Jack

Hmmmmm ?

Now let me get this straight you’re considering making a mod on almost a $700 crossbow W/A Lifetime Warranty?

Where did that Budget Minded Jack Go?

IMO
    Have to agree with Joe, unless it has strong reinforcement at that point.

It also may not have held up as well as my MK drop from 20ft to hard ground

billygee
    Bill, LOL I'm still a tightwad, but it might be possible to mod the MK stock to the Middleton without voiding the warranty; stock mods have been done. I have seen some absolutely beautiful works of wood-carving art created to replace the factory stocks on Middleton and Excal. Middleton and some others paid big bucks for tooling and design to produce ugly, impractical stocks and the cost gets passed to the buyer!

Jack ><>
    Last edited by Jack Pine; 05-09-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: edited out my rant against ugly stocks!

I also have Middleton DTM 330 SS
    335 lb cocking,5 lbs ,28" limb spread
    My SS 330 shoots 344 FPS with 352 grain arrow.
    Last edited by Honest Joe; 04-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Joe View Post
    I also have Middleton DTM 330 SS
    335 lb cocking,5 lbs ,28" limb spread
    My SS 330 shoots 344 FPS with 352 grain arrow.
    Joe, welcome to Crossbow Forum, I have to think that 330 ss is a joy to handle and shoot. Tell us a little more about it; a review, maybe.

Jack ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pine View Post
    Joe, welcome to Crossbow Forum, I have to think that 330 ss is a joy to handle and shoot. Tell us a little more about it; a review, maybe.

Jack ><>
    I been shooting the DTM SS 330 for a month now ,with Aero Bolt II and Camx by black eagle arrows,BE =410 grain 20 inch,AB=460 grains 18" DTM SS bow shoots better than my matrix 380 ,very quite,easy pull ,taking 330 on a Yak hunt April 27 ,for some reason I cannot down load pictures here maybe someone tell how too.Next week getting DTM SS 355 with black limbs with new upgraded thicker limbs ,with the up graded Vapor Trail string and possibly Blood Sport String Stops by GoMuddy if Derrick gets time mount them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    First off you need the required number of posts.
    Then, linking them in from a hosting site is the easiest way to post them.
    Worshipful Master; Dryden #472

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Parker Bushwhacker.
    1.5" 3 blade Rage Slip Cam heads.
    20" Carbon Express Bolts.

Spammers are dealt with harshly!!

Quote Originally Posted by OCR View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    First off you need the required number of posts.
    Then, linking them in from a hosting site is the easiest way to post them.
    Thank you for the fast answer

+ Reply to Thread