Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aluminum versus Carbon Bolts

Default Aluminum versus Carbon Bolts

I've read on a few websites that say aluminum bolts are more accurate than carbon. Is that true?

Can't say if aluminum bolts are more accurate, but aluminum bolts have a straightness factor that is better than carbon. The straighter the bolt, supposedly the more accurate it is. If you are shooting 20,30, or 40 yards you probably would not notice the difference in accuracy.
    2011 PARKER HORNET EXTREME
    RED HOT ARROWS
    100 GR. SPITFIRES

I didnt even know they made alum bolts but I am pretty green to crossbows yet.

Aluminum arrows are generally more accurate than carbons as a result of more consistant spine. Straightness, weight and spine all affect an arrows ability to shoot accurately with spine being one of the most if not the most important consideration. There have been issues with several makes of carbon arrows with moderate to severe variances in spine resulting in arrows that won't group well. Aluminum arrows and I mean only Easton products are the best quality arrow shafts you can buy. Now you need to learn certain caveat's regarding aluminum arrows. They will bend, so take care to not be shooting a the same spot on your targets as slapping arrows will produce dent and creases that will affect the spine. Also after they have been shot thru a deer always spin your arrows to see if they remain true, most won't be. Aluminum arrows are moderately priced and very consistant in quality. I'll be using them from now on or until I find a carbon arrow company that takes building quality crossbow arrows more seriously.

+ Reply to Thread