Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are cracked limbs cause for concern

Default Are cracked limbs cause for concern

I think my pictures uploaded properly. about 5 or so hairline cracks have formed 1 quite visible.
    only 10 shots fired. never been dropped. only ever cocked less than 20 seconds a time.
    never dry fired.

so whats the best course of action?
    Attached Images

Don't cock/fire it again unless you like pain or the taste of fiberglass. If it has warranty, contact your dealer/manufacturer and get replacements. If you have no warranty, contact your dealer/manufacturer and get replacements. This is nothing to fool with get it done now.

Jack ><>

I see now that you posted this same subject in another thread. You asked about selling; do not sell this bow with cracked limbs, get it fixed first. This is a known issue with these bows, the mfr has been replacing them.
    Last edited by Jack Pine; 11-19-2011 at 04:07 AM.
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Bionic Bowstrings, the Rembrandt of crossbow strings

I had a parker 175 Buckbuster blow up on me while i was on stand two yrs ago. I heard the limb pop and i held it out as far away from me as i could and let it just bust on its own.
    I NEVER saw a crack or anything to indicate it was about to blow like it did.

If i saw a visible crack in my xbow i'd take it to the dealer ASAP if it were mine.

my thoughts exactly, after remembering reading the manual to check the xbow thouroughly before each shot I was surprised to see the cracks after only 10 shots. from what Ive seen on this forum and another (also after speaking at lenght with my dealer) getting a hold of bowtech or stryker is like a rock an a hard place. my dealer I bought it off sends emails to the company and gets no replies what so ever. so even on strykers website it say (and in the warrenty) you should go to your authorised dealership to get an RA number before it gets sent to the factory.... something my dealership has never had even after numerous string failiures so my dad had the idea of talking to people higher up in the company execs etc.

we will see how that goes later. As far as selling It chrismas is coming up an I just thought... I bought the xbow for the princely sum of $449 canadian Brand new in box from the dealer. Ive seen it listed online at another dealer in town with a back order of 15 priced up at $749.
    I know my dealer wont buy the bow back off me since its 6month.... Urgh.. So what I bought was a problem!
    Last edited by lunasea; 11-20-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Well thaT stinks.

The dealer i bought my Parker from ordered me a new limb for the Buckbuster 175 and let me borrow a 150 buckbuster to finish out the season with.

I ended up buying a Bushwaker 150 back in the spring because it has smaller wheels and not cams on it and i believe it shoots just as hard and is almost as fast as the higher end xbows. Another reason i bought it is i like to shoot mine and the lower poundage bows seem to hold together better than the top of the line FAST xbows that shoot harder.

I've taken two bucks with my Bushwaker 150 one of which was at 48yds and he was my biggest buck to date.

I hope you get your xbow fixed soon and the dealer should take care of it for you IMO.

Cracked limbs are absolutely a cause for concern....get it back to the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Well thaT stinks.

The dealer i bought my Parker from ordered me a new limb for the Buckbuster 175 and let me borrow a 150 buckbuster to finish out the season with.

I ended up buying a Bushwaker 150 back in the spring because it has smaller wheels and not cams on it and i believe it shoots just as hard and is almost as fast as the higher end xbows. Another reason i bought it is i like to shoot mine and the lower poundage bows seem to hold together better than the top of the line FAST xbows that shoot harder.

I've taken two bucks with my Bushwaker 150 one of which was at 48yds and he was my biggest buck to date.

I hope you get your xbow fixed soon and the dealer should take care of it for you IMO.
    I remember buying it and asking why this bow which cost so much less than the other high end bows had such a high fps an he said it was because of the huge cams. which I now understand put a whole lot more stress on the limbs. (the cams are gigantic)
    your right my dealer should take care of it. last time I took it in I didnt have my recipt with me but the dealer recognised me (the one who sold me it) so that isnt a problem. I think I will wait till the new year before I go after the dealer in a big way. meanwhile i found a different forum where someone mentioned how to get ahold of stryker (fingers crossed)

+ Reply to Thread