Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horton Mult-A- Range Scope adjustments

Unhappy Horton Mult-A- Range Scope adjustments

Just got Horton vision 175 with mult-a range scope. There are no instructions or manual about that scope. First it appears that the calibrating wheels are backwards. The dial on the the side (right) has up on the dial and the adjustment on the top has a left on the dial. could that be backwards where the dial or the bezel has been installed backwards? Could the top adjustment be adjusting up and down? Also I have info to how many click it takes to adjust say 1" at 20 yds. I can't belive there is no information on this. Any advise would be a great help. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1843BILLYBOB View Post
    Just got Horton vision 175 with mult-a range scope. There are no instructions or manual about that scope. First it appears that the calibrating wheels are backwards. The dial on the the side (right) has up on the dial and the adjustment on the top has a left on the dial. could that be backwards where the dial or the bezel has been installed backwards? Could the top adjustment be adjusting up and down? Also I have info to how many click it takes to adjust say 1" at 20 yds. I can't belive there is no information on this. Any advise would be a great help. thanks.
    BillyBob, Yah I know Horton is weak on directions, same thing with mine. First, your scope is end for end backwards, turn it around, the big end should be furthest away from you. To verify this, look into the big end, the image you see will look very far away. Looking into the smaller end will make things look closer, and the right adjuster will show "L" for left, the top adjuster will show "Up".

I have a Mult A Range scope here in front of me, but it's new in box, never tried it so I don't know what 1 click will equal in your case. Don't start sighting in at 20 yards, start at 5 - 10 yards so there is no chance to miss the target and lose an arrow. Adjust your scope as you move backwards until you are zeroed at 20 yards or wherever it is you want your 1st crosshair to be zeroed at. A rule of thumb might be 4-8 clicks to an inch at close yardages, you'll just have to try and see.

Jack ><>
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Flemish twist crossbow strings, The Rembrandt of crossbow strings.

Cool Scope definitly has calibrating bezels backward

thanks for the feed back. Definitely had scope facing the right way. This is a new scope and it must have been assemble wrong with the calibrating dials reversed. Did a lot of shots and calibrating today. very happy with results. very consistent and accurate at 20 and 30 yds. Tomorrow will move targets to 40 & 50yds.

Quote Originally Posted by 1843BILLYBOB View Post
    thanks for the feed back. Definitely had scope facing the right way. This is a new scope and it must have been assemble wrong with the calibrating dials reversed. Did a lot of shots and calibrating today. very happy with results. very consistent and accurate at 20 and 30 yds. Tomorrow will move targets to 40 & 50yds.
    LOL, probalbly someone in China or somewhere messing with your head then! Some weird stuff happens sometimes. Glad it's working out for you despite the adj screws being in the wrong place.

What did you figure out with the loose scope mount?

Jack ><>
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Flemish twist crossbow strings, The Rembrandt of crossbow strings.

still not sure about the scope mount. Thanks for asking.

Default Scope Adjustment

Mine took 5 or 6 full turns to get it right, but it's right on now.

+ Reply to Thread