Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SZ380 limb issues???

Default SZ380 limb issues???

Concerning this limb issue with the SZ380's, I have a 380 and bow shoots awesome. I only shot about 50 bolts and did not notice any limb issues. If it had a problem, would it show up within those 50 shots or is this something I have to continue to worry about? Do the limbs actually snap and break? Don't want to get wacked in the face.

The limb on my 380 just de-laminated. The bow had only been shot 40 or 50 times. I was sitting in my blind when I heard it pop. a thin strip of the fibers broke loose and pealed away from the cam. It didn't break - but it is kind scary. The bow are incredibly powerful

Dave at Eders (the dealer who I bought it from.) told me they've stopped selling the 380. Bowtech is apparently not shipping them anymore either. Dave gave me a full refund, paid for the return freight & sent me my new bow same day. Eders.com is a top notch outfit. They backed the warranty. It's too bad that the SZ 380 sucks. It was a great idea, but was poorly made.

Quote Originally Posted by tkeveney View Post
    The limb on my 380 just de-laminated. The bow had only been shot 40 or 50 times. I was sitting in my blind when I heard it pop. a thin strip of the fibers broke loose and pealed away from the cam. It didn't break - but it is kind scary. The bow are incredibly powerful

Dave at Eders (the dealer who I bought it from.) told me they've stopped selling the 380. Bowtech is apparently not shipping them anymore either. Dave gave me a full refund, paid for the return freight & sent me my new bow same day. Eders.com is a top notch outfit. They backed the warranty. It's too bad that the SZ 380 sucks. It was a great idea, but was poorly made.
    tkeveney, welcome to Crossbow Forum. Sorry to hear about your troubles with your new bow. This couldn't have come at a worse time for you with deer season in full swing. I had heard of these problems with the 380 before but was under the impression that Bowtech had the problem under control. Just curious, you say Eder's sent you a new bow; what did they [you] replace it with and how do you like it??

Jack ><>
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Wham-O Powermaster [retired]
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Flemish twist crossbow strings, The Rembrandt of crossbow strings.

Dave Eders told me he's had very few problems with Barnett - so I ordered a predator with the carbon riser. I think it's a pretty new design for them. It looks to be a cross between the original Predator and the ghost. I should have the new bow in a couple of days.

It does stink that the Stryker crapped out right in the middle of season - but it looks like it's only going to cost me about 2 or 3 days. Our season in Michigan is 45 days long so I still have time to stick a deer.

The Stryker looked like an impressive piece of equipment and had great reviews (product reviewers must get paid for their endorsements, by the way.) It's too bad that there wasn't honest information available about the product before I purchased it. Some SZ owners are still waiting for parts. I'm glad to have worked with a reputable dealer who is backing ME up, instead of trying to make a purchase stick.

I'm just glad the thing didn't blow up on me. I've heard that you can get seriously injured if that happens.

+ Reply to Thread