Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just got a new jackal, shoots great so far but want more bolts, everyone says 22"...

Default just got a new jackal, shoots great so far but want more bolts, everyone says 22"...

when the kit i bought came with 20" carbon fiber bolts with 125 grain field tips. should i have the 22" bolts? i dont think they would sell the kit with 20" if they needed 22, but i wanted to ask the experts ( and the experienced, this is my first crossbow). also, what broadheads would one recommend? got to keep the 125 grain weight correct? used to arrows not bolts so school a noob please

thank you all in advance for your help

barnett says at least a total weight of 425 grains using a 125 grain head. im using eastman carbons with a 125 head and they shoot great sorry i dont know the weight of the bolt,iv also got 425 grain carbon express bolts with a 125 head for a total of 550 grains.other than having to compansate for the extra 2 inchs of drop with the heavyer bolts they seem the fly the same and keep the same group size.these are bolth 20 inch bolts,as far as using 22 inch bolts in it i have no clue, i havnt tryed any and probly wont the 20,s work just fine for what i need.

Jackals shoot 20 inch arrows.....Thunderbolt
    Brown is on Daground!! Ten Point Turbo XLT2
    Barnett Buckcommander2010. SDS/bowjax
    EastonPowerBolts&2in Pred vanes. BlackEagle executioners
    Rage Broadheads
    Lumenocks install..

The Jackal is supplied with 20" arrows. They are made by Easton and sell under the name Easton power Bolts. You can always go bigger but your speed will be effected some. Good Luck with your choice...............

With the Jackal you are best off staying with the 20" bolts.
    Barnett Jackal
    Easton Power Bolts 20"
    Slick Trick 125's
    Wizard composite 175lbs
    Easton 2219 16"
    Blur 125's

The Jackal shoots 20" arrows, if you would like to shoot 22" arrows that is fine it will just slow down your arrow a little due to the extra weight. Also lengthning the arrow may effect arrow spine as well. If you want to try and find the Barnett Arrows try crossbowwarehouse.com. IF you still cant find the Barnett arrows you can always get the Easton C2 Powerbolts. They are the arrow that Easton makes for us. 125 grain broadhead/ field point weight is correct for that arrow and as far as broadheads, it depends on if you want to shoot mechanical or fixed. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+ Reply to Thread