Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quad 400 safety switch

Default Quad 400 safety switch

Hey guys,

I just got my first crossbow a Barnett Quad 400 and I got the cocking device. I have one issue though. The safety doesn't want to budge so I can fire it or uncock. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place or doing it wrong. Can someone help me out...

Question...is the cranking device unhooked from the string and clear, but the safety won't work?? There is a safety on the cranking device and safety on the bow....the one on the bow push forward....I never like the safety on the quad...Thunderbolt
    Brown is on Daground!! Ten Point Turbo XLT2
    Barnett Buckcommander2010. SDS/bowjax
    EastonPowerBolts&2in Pred vanes. BlackEagle executioners
    Rage Broadheads
    Lumenocks install..

Here's my guess...

If your nocks don't engage the ADF, you can't push the safety off. So either you have the wrong nocks (flat instead of half moon), nocks that aren't sufficiently deep enough to allow ADF engagement, or you need to seat the arrows deeper to engage the ADF.
    Nobody Can Make Me Starve,
    I Know How To Butcher

Roadkill!

I don't think the quad400 has the ADF system....Thunderbolt
    Brown is on Daground!! Ten Point Turbo XLT2
    Barnett Buckcommander2010. SDS/bowjax
    EastonPowerBolts&2in Pred vanes. BlackEagle executioners
    Rage Broadheads
    Lumenocks install..

I got my first cross bow about a week ago and it was the quad avi (not 400) I cocked it back just to play with it a little couldnt fire it though because I live in the city it took me forever to find the safety finally did though and used the crank cocker to release it so I wouldn't dry fire it but I laughed at myself for a good 30 minutes, lol I'm such a newbie when it comes to crossbows/guns. I have heard horror stories about the quads breaking and giving people scars and that scares the crap out of me.

I prefer Quad 400 and l it was a great price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default quad

I may be wrong but the Barnett Xbow sight list all their Xbows there and they list a Quad400 and a Quad400AVI they do not list just a plain Quad unless its an old model.Again I may be wrong.

i just got one too ,and can't get it to release i also nee d help . don't know what to do!!

iv heard this problem from a lot of quad400 owners, i dont know how to fix it as i have never had one,but i do know that it has to do with part of the saftey droping down to low and geting stuck.the only thing you can do is use a knife or a small screw driver and try to pry it back up.

i have exactly the same problem with my buck commander, the only way to get the ADF to release is to hold the arrow back with one hand while releasing the safety with the other. I am using barnett arrows that came with it. This could be the reason that Barnett has refused to reply to my enquirers.

+ Reply to Thread