Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manual range finder

Threaded View

Default Manual range finder

does anyone make a manual range finder for use on a crossbow? all the ones i see are for compound bows. some one should develop one that will mount on top of the crossbow scope. since the ones used for compound bows are only accurate at arm length from the eye they should develop one that is accurate from eye to scope length. if anyone knows of something like this please respond i cant spend $300 on a laser range finder

i see are for compound bows. some one should develop one that will mount on top of the crossbow scope

OK, I'll go you one better. As long as we're dreaming, how about some smart optics company developing a scope with 3 or 4 power fixed magnification, illuminated dots [at the intersection of the reticles instead of the whole crosshair being lit] individually adjustable elevation crosshairs to meet the different speeds of different crossbows or arrow weights, and a built-in rangefinder that displays the range in yards to target with a digital display in the same view to the side, all in 1 unit, all in 1 tube? Oh, and as long as we're dreaming, how about all this weighing about 7 oz and for under $100 please. For night vision I would be willing to go an extra $100.

Jack ><>
    Last edited by Jack Pine; 05-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    "I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
    Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
    Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
    XX75 2219 Death Darts, flat nocks, and Flemish strings. Recurves Rock!

I'll have what he's having. (or smoking) Actually would prefer a 30mm tube. Remember, we are just dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pine View Post
    OK, I'll go you one better. As long as we're dreaming, how about some smart optics company developing a scope with 3 or 4 power fixed magnification, illuminated dots [at the intersection of the reticles instead of the whole crosshair being lit] individually adjustable elevation crosshairs to meet the different speeds of different crossbows or arrow weights, and a built-in rangefinder that displays the range in yards to target with a digital display in the same view to the side, all in 1 unit, all in 1 tube? Oh, and as long as we're dreaming, how about all this weighing about 7 oz and for under $100 please. For night vision I would be willing to go an extra $100.

Jack ><>
    Wow, what a great idea Jack. I was thinking the same thing just the other day. A dot in the center would be better than the whole crosshair. A built in range finder would be sooooo nice. I would go 200 dollars on one like that.........
    James (Fuzzy)
    2011 Parker Cyclone Express - Parker Arrows - Sling - Rope cocker - Hawke SR Illuminated scope - 100 gr G5 Montec Broaheads...
    Two Mathews MQ-1s - One set at 63 LB for deer and one at 50 LB for turkey.... Easton Axis arrows and also Carbon Exspress....100 grain G5 Montec....Peep with Extreme Archery Sites...

"Say what you Mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it Mean."
    Listen to some good Bluegrass music and smile, it's good for your teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Wow, what a great idea Jack. I was thinking the same thing just the other day. A dot in the center would be better than the whole crosshair. A built in range finder would be sooooo nice. I would go 200 dollars on one like that.........
    Ha ha ha, yah, me too as long as we're dreaming!

Jack ><>
    "I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
    Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
    Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
    Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
    XX75 2219 Death Darts, flat nocks, and Flemish strings. Recurves Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by treykelly View Post
    does anyone make a manual range finder for use on a crossbow? all the ones i see are for compound bows. some one should develop one that will mount on top of the crossbow scope. since the ones used for compound bows are only accurate at arm length from the eye they should develop one that is accurate from eye to scope length. if anyone knows of something like this please respond i cant spend $300 on a laser range finder
    Here you go...................... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-Ra...#ht_3245wt_905
    James (Fuzzy)
    2011 Parker Cyclone Express - Parker Arrows - Sling - Rope cocker - Hawke SR Illuminated scope - 100 gr G5 Montec Broaheads...
    Two Mathews MQ-1s - One set at 63 LB for deer and one at 50 LB for turkey.... Easton Axis arrows and also Carbon Exspress....100 grain G5 Montec....Peep with Extreme Archery Sites...

"Say what you Mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it Mean."
    Listen to some good Bluegrass music and smile, it's good for your teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope they don't make one personally. I mean, how much easier to you have to have it?

I quess I am old school. I like my hand held where I check yardages first thing and just remember those distances.

Wow...those are some keen ideas...and I was happy with my Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC!

+ Reply to Thread