Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wicked Ridge Invader

Default Wicked Ridge Invader

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to crossbows, but not new to bowhunting. Three shoulder surgeries forced me to get a crossbow or give up bowhunting.

After some research I decided to get the wicked ridge invader package. I am quite surprised at how accurate the crossbow is out to 40 yds. My self imposed limit used to be 25-30 yds with my matthews but now I'm confident that I can take an animal at 40 yds with no problem.

I haven't shot at 50yds yet and until I do I'll stick with a 40yd max. The bow is noisier than a compound so I added string leechs and two sims quad split limb silencers, which seemed to quiet it down a lot.

The red dot sight that came with it is very good also. My first shot at 10 yds was 1.5" left of the 2"bull that I was shooting at. The height was right on at ten so I left it alone. After 10 clicks right, my next shot at 20 was right on. I shot at 30 and 40 using the corresponding dots and they were right on also.

The built in rope cocking device was the way to go. I get consistent string placement every time and the rope tucks neatly away in the stock.

south jersey

Welcome to the forum. I've heard very good things about the Wicked Ridge crossbows. Yours is another in a string of very positive reviews. I had to go to a crossbow because of some issues with my neck, and i have to say it's a lot of fun. good luck to you this season!!!

Fort Dodge Iowa

Default Welcome

I to have just joined the crossbow forum.. after 15+ yrs of bowhunting. my right shoulder gave out .. I just purchased the WickedRidge Invader package.
    A dozen bolts , broadheads, ECT. I am back in the timber, and couldnt be happier.. Tonight 3 slick heads came in only 12 yrds out. I let them pass. the first day of archery season here. As the weather turns I am sure the bucks will come.

+ Reply to Thread