Advertise Here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broadhead for hunting

Default Broadhead for hunting

New guy here with a question.Just got a new Tornado last week. Shoots great luv it. Qusetion is what type of broadhead should i use for hunting. Will be using a 100 grain tip.

The answer is...the one that shoots the best out of your set up. Since that's about as clear as mud, Slick Tricks have gotten a lot of good press. They reportedly have good flight characteristics, are reasonably priced, and are very durable. I shoot Sonic Pro 100's from American Broadhead out of my Tornado. Field point flight, cut on contact. You can get them for 18.00/3-pack (+shipping)from Wyvern Creations (603-659-0575). I like them...the deer in my area don't feel the same.

Default Broadheads

I shoot the 100gr muzzy 4 blade on the parker redhot bolt, total weight is 417grs and out of my chorngraph shot 324 fps. Have shot out to 60 yds with no problems they fly like they have eyes LOL

Country

Personally I like the Grim Reaper broadheads. We want 100 gr broadheads for our
    crossbows. The Grim Reaper makes a special broadhead just for a crossbow, with a 1 3/4 dia
    and a 2 in dia. Grim Reapers tend to fly as straight as your field points.

I choose Montec by G5....flies just like my field point from practice.

I like the Rage slip-cams. Pricey but worth it to me. I tried 3 kinds of fixed blades, and couldn't hit a barn with them if I was locked inside it! Rage was the first mechanical head I tried, but they shot within an inch of my field points at 30 yards from the first shot... 4 little clicks on my scope and I can hit a milk jug cap every time at 30.

I use the montec broadheads also. Well designed and they keep a good sharp edge well. Not a fan of any mechanical broadhead, had issues with them opening prematurely.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

Dealer sold me Schwacker 100gr. They were never accurate and first shot at a deer it opened early and veered off course missing the doe at 30 yds! Found later the dealer doesn't personally use them. He uses Spitfire100gr. broad heads, even took them to Africa on safari! I use Spitfires now too. Two for two on deer, one went about 40 yds and the latest one dropped in her tracks! Both double lung, full penetration shots 30 yds or less.

+ Reply to Thread