PDA

View Full Version : Twinbow?

madman
04-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Curious no one owns one of these amazing crossbows?

buck
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey madman,im like you it looks as if you would hear more about these bows. Honestly though, this is the first time I have heard of them and had to look them up. They are a neat made bow and have good speed about them. The twin bow shoots 300fps and the speed given for twinbow 2 is 370fps and has 99 foot pounds of energy. I understood that to cock it you open and close the stock. weight is 7.5 pounds and the bows are short so thats good. maybe as the forum grows we will hear more. They are interesting and i am glad you mentioned them.Thanks! :D

Moon
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
on the SCM Twinbow Six Pack on Crossbow Nation's forum. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions you may have :-)

kimi83
05-03-2009, 06:00 AM
the twinbow II are very expensive for now in europe they are selling for 1500 Euro

Moon
05-03-2009, 02:02 PM
will retail in the USA for approximately $1,800.00, putting in in the high end segment of the crossbow market. It is planned to be available initially through Wyvern Creations in New Hampshire, late summer of this year. Recommended hunting arrow for deer sized animals is the 20" Gold Tip with 100 grain heads, for a total arrow weight of 400 grains. The Six Pack shoots these arrows 317 fps.

xbowkiller
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I have seen one of these and they look very neat. but as mentioned are very expensive.
and for the price of one these you can get almost any other hunting crossbow on the market with a complete set up.

maybe if they grow more popular the price will go down.. who knows..

Very interesting nonethe less..

Killer

Hunter2
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
The exchange rate is about $1.40 to a $1.00 today that makes it real hard to come down at those rates. Hunter2:)

copperhead
06-17-2009, 12:42 AM
for the price of one of these i can get 3 barnett predators. hey, they both do the same thing. if you can put your arrow where its supposed to go, shoot what you like and hold your head high.

Hunter2
06-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Thats so true. I asked a poll on another site and most people who answer only keep their crossbows 2-3 years. So that makes a long warranty kinda short. The price as you mentioned on other bows is so high you could keep in the normal rotation and have the top of the line bow for years even when new models come out. Ill take the Barnett. Yes your Predator would be awesome-wow 375FPS. Hunter2:)

South Man
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Moon is the only one I have seen with one. They look awesome

Hunter2
07-11-2009, 11:28 PM
The way its cocked is pretty neat. Maybe some other company will try their hand at this type of design. Hunter2

Moon
08-01-2009, 05:32 PM
is planned on being introduced soon. This is one of the coolest crossbows I've ever shot. I've been doing development testing of the new model for about 8 months. The new riser will allow for tall vanes and feathers and the full contact barrel deck will allow for flat nocks, preferably aluminum nocks. This is a high draw weight, short 8" power stroke crossbow. Expensive , yes...........worth the money?:)..... every penny. I'll post introduction information and where they can be purchased at the appropriate time. Click on the thumbnail for a larger view of the Six Pack.

Hunter2
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
is planned on being introduced soon. This is one of the coolest crossbows I've ever shot. I've been doing development testing of the new model for about 8 months. The new riser will allow for tall vanes and feathers and the full contact barrel deck will allow for flat nocks, preferably aluminum nocks. This is a high draw weight, short 8" power stroke crossbow. Expensive , yes...........worth the money?:)..... every penny. I'll post introduction information and where they can be purchased at the appropriate time. Click on the thumbnail for a larger view of the Six Pack.

Wouldnt the short stroke make it a much quieter bow? Whats it shoot, about 375 FPS with a 425 grain arrow? Hunter2

Moon
08-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Yes, it's the quietest crossbow I've ever shot and the sound of the shot is unlike anything else on the market as the bowstring only travles 8". With a 20" 400 grain arrow, speeds are around 315 fps, more than enough for deer sized game. If I remember correctly, I tested a 350 grain arrow and it chrono'd around 335 fps and was still very quiet shooting.

buck
08-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Maybe a video in the future Moon? I would love to see one in action. They are really nice.

Moon
08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I think you can go to Youtube and key in swiss crossbow makers to see a Twinbow being shot by the company's owner. If you can drive down to the Richmond area, you can shoot my test bow.:)

Hunter2
08-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I wonder why someone doesnt copy the way or a similar way to cock a crossbow, and bring it to market like they have the reverse design. It seems it would really be a good selling point. Hunter2

Moon
09-03-2009, 04:10 PM
patents;)

I will post new information on Twinbow Six Pack availability plans and where you can get one (the first 2 dealers) if I can get permission from Crossbow Forum to do so.

Hunter2
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Look at the Scorpyd,Vision and the other one made across the pond they all have the reverse design Im sure they are patented. Just wodering they could change it alittle. Hunter2

Ivo
10-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm currently discussing the design of these Swiss Crossbows on another forum, as well as I have mentioned a few design elements on this board.

The main thing(so far) that interests me and other people is the rail.

On this picture it is clear that it is of reduced friction design given that the inner edges of the track are milled so that the arrow only contacts the rail in two spots(beginning and end) while 90% of the tack is only used for guiding the string
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/karman333/Bow%20Perforamnce/a6a3c50fab22selection.jpg

...this is all very nice, but what has brought up the concern is that it is absent in the newer version of the bow(six-pack I believe it is called) another thing that became a part of discussion is the location of the pressure clip in the first model...it pressed on the arrow where there is no support under it...I and a few others have assumed that the use of moon nocks and the momentum of the release made the pressure of the arrow clip in that area practically insignifficant.

It would be nice to hear from someone who had good contact with SCM and actually owns both of the bows on the subject/reasons of presence and absence of these features on different models? And my personal interest in the arrow clip contact location vs. arrow support location...was it an issue that caused the removal of the reduced friction design from the newer models?

Moon
11-22-2009, 08:30 PM
gains 2 to 3 fps, not worth the effort in milling the rail decks. I have both the full contact and open rails and have been shooting both for months. I use aluminum flat nocks on the full contact rails and prefer this configuration.

The new Six Pack version will initially only be available with the open rail design but I hope the full contacts will replace them soon.

Your point about the hold down finger: The pressure on the shaft is so minute that I see it as a non-issue.

barneth
06-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Twinbow II offers many fantastic features, such as easy maintenance, and ambidextrous handling.

Bassettboy40
09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi there I have a Swiss twinbow2 there I am looking to sell it . It is really in gd condition and plent of arrows it has a lovely sight aswell any interested please message me

DTM SS Fanboy
03-26-2014, 10:15 PM
What did ever happen to this Xbow are they still on the market ?

EdNorton
05-20-2014, 07:17 PM
like find one on ebay