PDA

View Full Version : pkease help just bought used crossbow

justin
12-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Does anyone on here know anything about older model PSE crossfire crossbows I really need some help with 1 I just bought. It looks new but a pro just told me it is very very old by at least 20 years this is the model number Serial # 292629 I can't seem to find it anywhere and there's no groove for the veins like the new ones. The cams are mounted on brackets to the bow. The bolts have 4 veins but a professional
Told me that he's never worked on 1 that old. I mainly want to mount a scope but the professional says he don't see any way of mounting 1 and I can't find any info on this crossbow. Can anyone help me please

Downrange
12-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Upload some pictures surely someone will be able to help..

justin
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
well i cant post pics due to me not having 5 post yet maybe i cant post the links either

nutshot
12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Does it look like this ?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/nutshot-uk/pse.jpg

If it does I found an old sale on ebay where a scope is attached on a long weaver / picatinny rail . Might be worth sending the seller a message and seeing if they can give you any info as to whether its a factory part or just something they have adapted themselves .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSE-CrossFire-CrossBow-150-Pounds-with-Case-and-4-Power-Simmons-Scope-/221125825638?nma=true&si=ycoclu5sqC4JZF%2BdqSXJWkFdelI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

justin
12-07-2012, 04:08 PM
That is exactly it same color and all. Turns out they no longer make parts for it but the veins must be 4 set at 60 and no one within 100 miles of me can do that plus it requires a specific bolt and knot. And to top it off the spring that holds the little arm at the end of the bolt has broken so it just swivels. How could I fix this? And knowing all that did I make a big mistake getting the bow? I paid $100 for it.

nutshot
12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Don`t know if this is any use but found this which has a different name but looks the same from the pictures apart from the colour . Might have the parts you need ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSE-Crossbow-Starfire-II-Parts-Repair-/170953836160?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D13773%26meid%3D3995965922755117822%26pid%3D 100011%26prg%3D1080%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D140863705194%2 6

Joe T.
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Does anyone on here know anything about older model PSE crossfire crossbows I really need some help with 1 I just bought. It looks new but a pro just told me it is very very old by at least 20 years this is the model number Serial # 292629 I can't seem to find it anywhere and there's no groove for the veins like the new ones. The cams are mounted on brackets to the bow. The bolts have 4 veins but a professional
Told me that he's never worked on 1 that old. I mainly want to mount a scope but the professional says he don't see any way of mounting 1 and I can't find any info on this crossbow. Can anyone help me please

I really don't know any nice way to say this, but unless you're really handy with tools, you're going to be upset.
First: the fletching... The actual placeent of the vanes needs to be as follows: 60, 120, 240 & 300 degrees. This arangement was popular with vertical bow target shooters in the late 60's through much of the 70's... If there are any "old-time" archery clubs in your area, you might find someone who can either do this for you or be willing to sell his old fletching jig. Mine got lost about 1978.
Next: Scope mounting. It looks to me like you're pretty much beat, short of building your own "bridge" to mount a rail to. I could build a bridge to mount a "weaver side mount" to it, but I'd have to charge 80 to 100 bucks for the work, and you'll need to spend another 25 or so for the mount... Any competent gunsmith near you should be able to do the same. Then theres the matter of getting a scope.
Lastly, the retention spring: This is another "make it yourself" or have a gunsmith make it for you. The reason I say gunsmith, rather than Pro-shop is that bow pros are accustomed to using new parts that fit, while a gunsmith is more attuned to finding something close and modifying it to make it fit correctly...

The point is that there will be considerable time and expense involved in the process, and without rails, it's never going to be able to match the accuracy of a modern crossbow. I don't believe that you made a wise decision in purchasing this crossbow as a "shooting" weapon, as opposed to a "collectible".
With a little patiece and research, you could have gotten a new crossbow, with a scope and a couple of bolts for a hundred bucks... I did. It's not a great piece of equipment, but at 20 yards I can hit a bottle cap, a cigarette pack at 30 and a coke can at 40... EVERY time. Look around at places like The Crossbow store and Sportsman's guide... They have crossbows ranging in price from 80 to 2000 bucks... The choices are almost endless.
Buy a "shooter", and put this one away to show your grandchildren.

Joe T.

justin
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I did see some for around $100 but I wasn't sure if they'd be any good cause they weren't name brand could u possibly throw me some brand names that r in that price range that are still good and nice to have.

nutshot
12-08-2012, 06:12 AM
All the Poelang crossbows are good for the money, Some of the Mankung ones are pretty good too. You can find them under various brand names depending who imports them but they are all the same.
PSE have some of there crossbows made by the Poelang factory.

Over hear in the UK the Poelang Jaguar is about the best budget crossbow available. Well built, nice and cheap and being a re curve its cheap and easy to replace strings.

There are some great budget compound bows but the cost of re stringing is considerably more expensive than a re curve and unless you buy or make a bow press its not something you can diy do.

justin
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Thank u. Yea this bow or the guy who sold it to me is really dissapointing me. He won't answer my calls I can't find any one who knows a thing about it much less work on it. But my main concern is a scope pse said it is not made for one but send me the manual for it and has a pic with a scope on it and tells u what part number the bracket is. Only thing is they no longer make parts for this bow and I can't find anywhere that does.
O and I am all new to this what is the difference benifits vs risk/draw backs of a compound, re curve and any others out there?

OCR
12-08-2012, 01:05 PM
A compound will be faster with a lower draw weight and narrower limbs. They do require a bit more maintenance, same as a standard compound vertical bow would.

A recurve will by necessity have to have longer or thicker limbs to gain their draw weight. They will often be a bit lighter than the comparable compound and you can service them in the field if needed.

Other than that, I can think of no other reason than personal preference to choose one over the other.

justin
12-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Well thank u all. I may should have come here before deciding to buy one. But like someone said I should b able to get a gun smith to get a scope on there some how right? And as far as just a decent bow goes how does mine stack up? As long as I take care of it do u think it will last a while? And does any one know where I may find parts? Cause a spring on the end that holds the little arm that holds the bolt down is broke and I'm sure I need it.
Also I could find anyone who could do 60 veins. One guy did some at 75.5 I know its not 60 like it should be but its the closest I could find. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but do any of u think that may work?

nutshot
12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I have never used (or even seen) a crossbow with no arrow track but going by others comments they will never be great. Looks a cool thing to own though as I like retro stuff.

If you want something decent and reasonably cheap that will work straight from the box just invest in one of these.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/175-lb-crossbow-kit-by-jaguar.aspx?a=508885

No idea if thats the lowest price available State side just the first that came up on google . If I was buying on a budget that is what I would get .
I sell them in the UK and have one in my personal arsenal . My opinion is not bias as I don`t ship overseas so have no interest in selling you one.

They are just a great bow for low cost. We have a national club over hear called the NFAS and last year the end of year champ competition was won by a jaguar.
I sell loads of them and get nothing but great feed back and have only had 1 returned as faulty in about 5 years of stocking them (excluding user error on ether assembly or use). I sell best part of 1000 a year so 1 faulty one in several thousand is pretty good imo.

I wouldn`t look at your bow as money waisted, I`d personally find a way to fix it but if you just wanted to get shooting for low $`s get a jaguar and search for or have made what parts you need down the line . Bits always turn up in the end ;)

justin
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
well thanks for the help guys. but does anyone know where i could maybe order some bolts for this bow? i've tried searching but as i said i dont know much about the stuff. and i know i need 4 veins and they need to be at 60 degrees. and if i am correct the bolt has to be a 2219. im not 100% on that, but i believe i am correct.
i've looked at alot of places that sell them online but none say the degree or it may say it in a way that i dont understand like one says "a moonlight knock" and something "fletching" i dont know what either of those mean it could answer my question, but i wouldnt know.

Joe T.
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
The basics are thus:
Compounds shoot a bolt faster at a given draw weight and are easier to cock. Main drawback is maintnence. More things to break, and harder to fix when they do. It requires a bow press to re-string a compound, and strings are a pretty common maintnence item. Buy/build a press or pay a pro several times a year if you shoot it much.

Recurves prime advantage is ease of maintnence. No cams to de-spool or axles to break. All you really need to re-string it is a string that's 4" longer than the bow uses... Primary disadvantage is slower bolt speed for a given draw weight and requires more effort to cock.

The choice is yours. As nutshot stated above, Poe Lang and Man Kung both make accurate, dependable "entry level" crossbows. The Poe Lang bows are sold in the U.S. as Arrow Precision, while the Man Kungs are often sold under their own brand name, or simply listed as MKs. There are at least 4 of us on the forum who use MK-150 recurves, either "as-is" or modified to suit our own particular needs. Snoop around the forum, and you'll find all the pros and cons of this model. Models listed as "tactical" generally have very short buttstocks that I find uncomfortable to shoot.

Joe T.

justin
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Yea I I was just told about the Mk. But I can't seem to find 1 do you have a link maybe? Also what should I keep in mind when deciding pull force and fps?

Joe T.
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I have never used (or even seen) a crossbow with no arrow track but going by others comments they will never be great. Looks a cool thing to own though as I like retro stuff.

If you want something decent and reasonably cheap that will work straight from the box just invest in one of these.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/175-lb-crossbow-kit-by-jaguar.aspx?a=508885

No idea if thats the lowest price available State side just the first that came up on google . If I was buying on a budget that is what I would get .
I sell them in the UK and have one in my personal arsenal . My opinion is not bias as I don`t ship overseas so have no interest in selling you one.

They are just a great bow for low cost. We have a national club over hear called the NFAS and last year the end of year champ competition was won by a jaguar.
I sell loads of them and get nothing but great feed back and have only had 1 returned as faulty in about 5 years of stocking them (excluding user error on ether assembly or use). I sell best part of 1000 a year so 1 faulty one in several thousand is pretty good imo.

I wouldn`t look at your bow as money waisted, I`d personally find a way to fix it but if you just wanted to get shooting for low $`s get a jaguar and search for or have made what parts you need down the line . Bits always turn up in the end ;)

Nutshot (and all other interested parties)

Not long ago, I warned of some supposedly "reputable" companies who were mis-representing what they were selling. The link above is the chief offender! I e-mailed them and told them about it, but got no reply. Follow the link below to see how the manufacturer rates this crossbow:

http://www.archerymarker.com/e-catalog/01/p9.htm

Note that The Sportsman's Guide's listed stats are actually those of the Poe Lang 185 lb compound, not the 175 recurve!

Ya just can't be too careful.

Joe T.

justin
12-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Wow. OK. Great link. To bad they don't list the price. So correct me if I am wrong but does that link show us the link for the bow above is not really the same bow? Since the numbers are a good bit different.
So where would I go buy the bow with the ratings in the last post?
And what's up with the cross bow store? Every bow I see is less than 20" long overall. I could be wrong and I am a little guy at only 5' 10" but under 20" total length just seems to short to me.

OCR
12-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Same height as me.
Don't be fooled by that either, the length is related to the draw distance [power stroke] and bow width.
16" arrow will make a deer just as dead as a 20" will.

justin
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
well what i am talking about is alot of the bows on there it will tell you the width of the bow and length of the draw. but it also tells you the length of the entire weapon. and most of them as i said are under 20" and i just dont see how that would be easy and comfortable to shoot, i mean even as short as i am i would guess that i would want at least 30" or a little more, just to be comfortable right?

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Justin, most of the crossbows on The Crossbow Store's site are over 30" long, but i did see where they referred to an arrow shaft as "body" length and I think that's where the confusion lies.

Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 01:55 PM
1 x 150 lb Heavy Duty Hunting Crossbow Camouflage Green with 2 Arrows (14" Body, 8mm, 14.75" Total Length)
that was copied and pasted from the description of one on that site. the very end it says total length ^^^^^^ that's what is throwing me off. i just dont see how if it means total length from tip to but of stock how that would be shootable.

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
1 x 150 lb Heavy Duty Hunting Crossbow Camouflage Green with 2 Arrows (14" Body, 8mm, 14.75" Total Length)
that was copied and pasted from the description of one on that site. the very end it says total length ^^^^^^ that's what is throwing me off. i just dont see how if it means total length from tip to but of stock how that would be shootable.

Justin, it's the 2 arrows that have the 14" body, I know this because I have some of them, and I further know the length of the crossbows because I have a couple of them. The crossbow store is one of our sponsors and they would be happy to talk with you if you have concerns, just go to their site and click "contact us" and post your message or call them and ask for Jeff.
Jack ><>

nutshot
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
The jaguars total length is approx 31" not including the foot stirrup, 35 1/2" inc stirrup.
Butt to trigger is approx 14 1/2"

justin
12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
that may be what it is speaking of then butt to trigger.

nutshot
12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
that may be what it is speaking of then butt to trigger.

Most full size adult rifles are generally about 14 1/2" butt to the trigger. Its a pull length that suits most.

justin
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
o ok.. that makes alot more sense.. i have been looking and reading alot, and based on what i read together with what i am looking for in a xbow. i am strongly considering these two. any input or advice?
http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/150-lbs-Heavy-Duty-Hunting-Crossbow-Cross-Bows-p/mk-150a3b_8003_mk-al14.htm
http://www.crossbows2u.com/product/2996LASER/150-lbs-Crossbow-Laser-Scope--8-Arrows-cross-bow.html

OCR
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
If it was me, I'd choose the first one as it has the better scope for one and looks as it it was actually lighter to handle too.

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Justin, I've been giving your problem with your old crossbow some thought, so I went home to see how difficult it would be to fletch arrows at 60 degs and found it not hard at all. 2 vanes are spaced close together on opposite sides with wider spaces opposite each other to accomodate the flat rail on your crossbow. Really though, it is much simpler to just 2-fletch at 180 degs to work with the flat rail even better. Looks odd but flies well. As for the nocks, somewhere I saw a crossbow nock that sort of snaps to the string a lot like some nocks snap to the string on a vertical bow. I don't remember who made them, I'm thinking PSE or maybe Parker, I don't recall. OCR and Buck both shoot Parker crossbows, you could check with them.
It sounds like the issues you have with that crossbow are easy fixes, but take some cotton balls and rub them lightly over the limbs to see if there is any splintering. If it has splintering, best get another crossbow or new limbs.
Here's some pix of a 2117 shaft I fletched at 60 and 60.
Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 05:10 PM
O nice! Well thanks for thinking about it. But my local bow store told me a machine does the fetching. If that's the case I don't have one. But could I tell him to put two at 180 then two more just the same but close to the other ones? If so how close should they be and how much does it matter?
But u fletched that one your self and it looks real good. Did u use a machine? If not how difficult is it to do it? And how is it done or where or how could I learn?

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
...could I tell him to put two at 180 then two more just the same but close to the other ones? If so how close should they be and how much does it matter?... Did u use a machine? If not how difficult is it to do it? And how is it done or where or how could I learn?

Personally, with that crossbow, I wouldn't even mess with 4 vanes but that's up to you. Yah, I used a Bitzenburger fletching jig, your archery shop probably has one. All you do is set it up for regular 120 deg 3-fletch. Fletch one vane then the next, remove the arrow, and click the nock receiver back to the original starting position. Rotate the arrow 180 degs, reinsert, fletch one vane then the next. Done, took about 3 minutes using super glue for the fletch cement. Some time back someone asked how to fletch arrows and I posted a detailed description that I wouldn't care to repeat, so if you search, you'll probably find it. But if you decide to do your own fletching, you'll pick it up real easy.
BTW, I have an AE fletching jig for sale on the site here, but it's not suitable for this kind of fletching so you'd be better off getting a Bitzenburger jig to start with and you will be able to pass it on to your grandkids and beyond.

Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 05:33 PM
O OK.. well thanks a lot. So u don't think it would make much difference to fletch just 3 veins instead of 4 or I could even just have two?

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I think you'd be better off 2-fletching set at 180 degs. Looks strange but I have not found any difference in the flight between 2-fletching set at 180 degs as long as you use 2 vanes that have about the same surface area as 3 smaller vanes. Also I don't think 3 fletching would work with that crossbow. 4 fletching would be fine if you can find someone to do it, but with the flat deck of that crossbow 2-fletching should work best and use half the materials.
Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Great. So u say same surface area with 2 as I would have with 4. The veins must come in sizes then. So about what size would I need then?

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Actually, if you have a 3-fletched arrow that flies well for you and you want to go to 2-fletch, what you would want would be to have 2 vanes that would have around the same surface area as the 3 together had. I'm not sure how critical that is, I haven't done a lot of experimenting with the size of vanes when 2-fletching, but it makes sense that you would want close to the same surface area for good steerage and flight. Personally I like vanes that are 3" or shorter. Some use longer, I did in the past but I found it wasn't needed. I'm currently using vanes that are low profile and less than 2" long and they fly sweet, but every crossbow is different so I would start with 3" vanes if I were you and eventually go longer or shorter when you discover what works for you.

Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
OK. Well I will be sure to try that out thank u very much.

Jack Pine
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
YW Justin, I'm going to go watch the telly the rest of the night.

Jack ><>

justin
12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Me to.. enjoy

Joe T.
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow. OK. Great link. To bad they don't list the price. So correct me if I am wrong but does that link show us the link for the bow above is not really the same bow? Since the numbers are a good bit different.
So where would I go buy the bow with the ratings in the last post?
And what's up with the cross bow store? Every bow I see is less than 20" long overall. I could be wrong and I am a little guy at only 5' 10" but under 20" total length just seems to short to me.

The link I posted above opens a catalog page on the Poe Lang website. The bow in question would be in the upper right hand corner. The Jaguar CR-013G1A. There are 2 sets of stats listed because this model is offered in both 150 and 175 lb. draw weights. Any of the CR-013 series bows are basically the same, the three letters following this number are codes for the color and stock type. The 175lb. Jaguar recurve in the link Nutshot posted is the very same bow. The Sportsman's Guide has listed the correct bow, but with stats for another, more expensive model. Poe Lang also manufactures the Arrow Precision brand name, differing only in the logo that is applied... I believe that if Nutshot checks his stock of jaguars, he will agree thet the 175 recurve does NOT shoot in excess of 300 fps. I'm not saying that it isn't a good bow, just that some sellers are not above "stretching" the stats they list. My argument is not against the bow, but a particular retailer...

In fact, I can think of a VERY reputable North American manufactured 200 lb. recurve with a longer stroke that falls a bit short of what SG has posted for the 175 Jaguar recurve... If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks... It's probably a duck.

They do not list a price, because they do not sell directly to the public. They sell to warehouse/distributors and/or jobbers who then sell it to the dealer who sells it to you... Everybody in the line has to make a buck... I'm sure that if you wanted to buy a hundred of them at once you could get a VERY good price, but then the freight, customs clearances and import duties would be all on you. And you would have to sell at least 70 of them before you saw your first penny of profit.

I don't follow what you're talking about regarding the Crossbow Store... Maybe you should try searching for "150lb. recurve" crossbows? They have a great variety of crossbow PISTOLS in the 50 to 80lb. class... THEY would be short... The MK150 I shoot is a bit over 34" including the stirrup, while their "tactical" (skeleton stock) MK120 model measures 29 1/2". The pictures should show you whether or not they have a "rifle" type stock.

Joe T.

justin
12-12-2012, 07:48 PM
I got it figured out. the crossbow store list the overall length as length from stock butt to trigger not length from end to end like I thought.

nutshot
12-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Your right Joe ,
No way will the 175 jaguar shoot 300fps . Factory quoted figures are 245 fps on the 175lb and 210fps on the 150lb.
I have to find time to chrono one. on the few poelang built crossbows I have chronoed factory figures seam fairly accurate and achievable.
I will have some time off over Christmas so I`ll dig my chrono out and do some testing then put the numbers on here ;)

justin
12-13-2012, 12:15 PM
ok guys i have narrowed it down to just a few. if you dont mind take a look at these links and tell me what you can about these bows, and if you have any personal experience.

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/150-lbs-Hunting-Crossbow-Metal-Stock-Cross-Bows-p/mk-150a2_pro.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Crossbow-Laser-Scope-Arrows-Cross/dp/B001MT5Q5C/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/150-lbs-Heavy-Duty-Hunting-Crossbow-Cross-Bows-p/mk-150a3b_8003_mk-al14.htm CONSIDERING THIS ONE THE MOST

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MK-150A1PB_MK-AL14_1298&click=38&gclid=CKLMqIzTlbQCFQY5nAodJjsASQ I LIKE THIS ONE CAUSE ITS GOT THE WORD SNIPER IN IT HAHA.

http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Crossbow-Scope-Metal-Arrows/dp/B001MT5XAA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

Please take a look and tell me what you know or think about these and if you was using mostly for target practice but wanted a good accuracy at as long range as you could easily. but still be able to drop a deer pretty easy. and again thank all of you for all your help.

justin
12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
i have narrowed it down to a few box i am really considering getting.. i tried to post it earlier but for some reason the moderator had to review it and it never posted but all it was was a few links to the one i was looking at along with the links to them and asking if you guys could take a look at them and tell me what you think about them. if they are good at accuracy 60 yards max, although i know at that far it starts to affect it alot. but that would be my max shot i think. mostly i'll use it for target practice, and would like it to have a good tight group but most importantly i would like it to take down a good size buck, at any where from 25 to 40 yards.
i am not going to post the links to the few i am looking at yet, because i just posted this reply with the links and it didnt get posted. so i'll post this then see if i can post the links in the next post.

justin
12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
ok so here is the few i am looking at please tell me what you think if you know anything, you all know what i said i'd be using it for. mostly target practice, would like one as accurate as possible up to 60 yards would be nice. and kill a big buck when and if i get a chance.

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/150-lbs-Heavy-Duty-Hunting-Crossbow-Cross-Bows-p/mk-150a3b_8003_mk-al14.htm

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sa-sports-175-lb-fever-crossbow-package.aspx?a=959330

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/150-lbs-Hunting-Crossbow-Metal-Stock-Cross-Bows-p/mk-150a2_pro.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150lbs-Wizard-Black-Hunting-Crossbow-2-Arrows-/270745431927#vi-content

http://www.crossbows2u.com/product/2996LASER/150-lbs-Crossbow-Laser-Scope--8-Arrows-cross-bow.html

http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MK-150A1PB&click=38&gclid=CLeRsaiMmLQCFQsGnQodjxYAcA

justin
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.thecrossbowstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MK-150A1PB&click=38&gclid=CLeRsaiMmLQCFQsGnQodjxYAcA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150lbs-Wizard-Black-Hunting-Crossbow-2-Arrows-/270745431927#vi-content

justin
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
ive posted links before but i is deleting them now before they get posted what is the deal?

justin
12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
well since for some reason all of the sudden the moderators wont allow me to post links any more, because i know i have posted the same links before, if any one would like to be kind enough and take a look at the 4 bows i am trying to decide on, please pm me so i can give you the link so you know what one i am talking about.
thanks guys.

justin
12-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Does any one know y all the sudden my links won't get posted? And is any one willing to revive a pm with the links of the ones I'm looking at to tell me what you think

OCR
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Actually it's the forum anti spam software that is doing that.

justin
12-14-2012, 10:52 AM
well how come i was able to post links before?

justin
12-14-2012, 12:06 PM
ok guys i think i have decided on the one i am going to get. it is either going to be the 150 lbs Wizard Hunting Crossbow with 2 Arrows
product # MK-150A3B

150 lbs Plastic Stock Black Hunting Crossbow Product # MK-150A1PB
( i hear the scope is very small and not good at all, and the bolts are very weak, so i am not considering the pack that includes all that.) the A1PB PRO and in the title calls its self the "sniper crossbow" i dont think its any different than this one thought is it?

150 lbs Metal Black Hunting Crossbow with 2 Arrows product # MK150A2

I heard they are all basically the same bow. just different names. they all say the starter pack comes with 14" bolts, but the 150A1 stands out to me simply cause the pack that comes with every thing like broad heads, laser, and scope calls it self sniper in the title, is that just a selling point or is the A1 a better long distance shooter?
also do most of you believe these are all the same bow as i was told, just different in small ways like the stock, or color? and about the bolts, they say they come with a few 14" but the starter pack comes with 18" which size should i order, (cause i will be getting much better quality bolts)

by the way i found all these at the crossbow store.

Joe T.
12-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Justin,

The accessories packed with the "sniper" are mostly useless. The broadheads won't fly true, scope is too small, laser is illegal in many states...
I also dislike the "skeleton" stock. I use the hollow in the plastic stock to store spare string, stringer, the original iron sights, etc. If I break a string or scope, I have all I need to continue hunting.

Joe T.

justin
12-14-2012, 10:25 PM
That makes sense. But what I'm asking is they have an mk 150a3 and in the title its called a "sniper crossbow" but it is just the same as a mk150a3 just with a useless scope and stuff right? If I was to get the plain a3 it wouldb the same bow as the so called sniper a3 right?
And the others like the a1 and a2 other than the stock they all seem like just about the same bow to me. Is there any difference at all in those 3?

nutshot
12-15-2012, 05:43 AM
You would be better to get the mk-175 . http://www.archery-manufacturer.com/crossbows/MK-175AC.htm
Its better because its got a fixed foot claw not the swing down type. Much better with a weaver rail too which is adjustable for elevation so if you run out of vertical adjustment on your scope you can correct it with the adjustable rail .

Joe T.
12-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Justin,

The MK150 series stock design (first 2 digits after MK150) goes like this:
A1=conventional "rifle" type stock with full trigger guard
A2=aluminum "skeleton" stock
A3=plastic thumbhole stock, which only has the trigger guard in front of and under the trigger.
After these 2 digits is an abbreviation for the finish, W being stained wood, WB being black wood, AC being Autumn Camo, and B just being plain black.

Note that this ONLY applies to the 150 series crossbows. I haven't figured out what they're doing with the other model numbers.

Hope it helps.

Joe T.