PDA

View Full Version : Group hunts

buck
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I was talking to a fellow crosbow hunter tonight and I said I would like to get a group to gather and go to a place where you could pay maybe $100 dollers per person and bust unlimited hogs. I hear that texas has such places but is there any places in tennessee like that? If we go to a hunting lodge it will cost $500+ for a pen raised pig that they turn loose and drive by you to shoot. I demand the real deal! I live on the border of tennessee and 4hours from crossville tennessee. I hope to get some people this coming spring together if things straighten up econimy whise. Three days would be great and the people I would take are people who stay out till they draw blood. Where is the nearest place to do this to virginia. I talked to someone tonight that has a pet wild pig but he did not like me talking about sticking it with my xbow. He never invited me to his house for a visit either!Any one have any info for me? I am dieng to stick a pig.

Hunter2
08-11-2009, 08:03 AM
What type of hunt is it? Is it fenced in or open free range? I have not hunted pig but it seems like it would be a challange. If I my ask wher about in Tenn do you live? Hunter2

buck
08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I live in virginia but have hunted in tennessee. Crossville has hunting lodges. Many hunting lodges have stocked game that is bought from a exotic animal trader. The trader gets alot of game from over stocked petting zoos. I would like to get some people and travel to a place where we could hunt free range hog. Texas has places that charge $100 a day per person and unlimited hogs. A hunt in crossville for a pin raised animal is from $575-1200 or more. I would like to find somewhere near virginia or alabama. Crooked creek in james town tenn has hogs and sheep. You tell them what you want and thats what you see. If you would like two hogs thats what you see and if you would like a brown ram thats what you get. Alot of places take a 10acre area and plce 5 hunters and then turn a hog or ram loose from a pin and drive it to you . The guides stay just out of site and act supprised when you shoot something. I am after free range hogs! It will be spring befor I could but I hope to go.

Hunter2
08-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Free range is the way for me to hunt anything. It could be something fun. Never shooting a hog before would make it a new hunt for me. I think Guide Girl on C/N owns a place that specializes in hog hunts, I could be wrong though. Hunter2

fl hunter
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I know this is old but any body going to fl I will show them some hogs in the mgt erea