PDA

View Full Version : Hand Guns

Hunter2
07-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Does your state have a concealed carry class or permit you can get? If they do, does the idea behind this work or not? Hunter2

copperhead
07-21-2009, 12:47 AM
yes you can get a ccp in georgia. i don't know what you mean by does it work, if you don't mind please elaborate.

Hunter2
07-21-2009, 07:27 AM
They legalized it was to deter crime, thats what I was refering to. With all the people who want them this shoul add at least a since of security. Hunter2

copperhead
07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
i really can't say if it is working, but if i had one and seen some scum trying to hurt someone, it would work!

Hunter2
07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
I hope I never see anything like that it is sad some people dont respect each other and just get along. I do think hunter/gun education would solve alot of problems. Hunter2

Cossack
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
"i really can't say if it is working, but if i had one and seen some scum trying to hurt someone, it would work!"

And you would be in BIG trouble in this sate and most others. Big misconception about CCP. Personal carry guns are intended only to defend self from imminent and deadly danger. Even then your first obligation is to escape without using deadly force if at all possible. If you pull a gun on someone else who isn't threatening your as described it constitutes felonious assault; a conviction for which can forfeit your right to ownership of ANY guns. CCP was NOT intended top deter crime per se, so evaluating it's effectiveness by those standards will draw a blank. It was intended for PERSONAL protection and that is very difficult to quantify since we don't know what the outcome might have been had the gun not been drawn. No, I'm not opposed to CCP. But I don't take it lightly either. The consequences of inappropriate use of a special permit gun are just too significant not to.

copperhead
08-04-2009, 01:23 AM
if thats the way it is, so be it! i know you are right cossack, i don't have a ccp or carry a gun. but, i will not stand by and allow some thug to hurt someone who needs help. if i can get my hands around their throat i will be in the same trouble. i would not feel bad because i got in trouble if i can help someone or even save their life.

Hunter2
08-04-2009, 07:11 AM
The idea of fleeing before shooting I hear goes even in your house, they say you have to try to escape even in your home first. Hunter2

ridgehunter
08-05-2009, 09:33 PM
In Michigan, the State Police data shows that crime has dropped since the Right to Carry has become much easier to get. I believe the Castle law has also been instrumental in that regard. Breaking and entering an occupied home is now viewed as deadly intent up here. Use of deadly force as a deterrent is viewed as justified with a few specified exceptions. That is also now true of breaking into an occupied vehicle.

I do not carry and I have no permit but I do hunt with a handgun when I am licensed.

My life and home was saved when I showed that I was armed. The police said that the only mistake that I made was not pulling the trigger. I was young and alone except for my dog, who took care of one burglar:D. The police shot and killed the burglar that was in my face after he tried to run down an officer following the robbery of a business. Oh, I forgot to mention there were 4 cars filled with these criminals outside my country home. The rest of the story is too long to detail but when they saw the entire neighborhood coming on the back of pickups, they ran, never to be seen again except for the soon to be deceased felon.

Not the only time that I have needed a firearm in the home, but the most notable. My experience has taught me that one never knows how he or she will react in such a circumstance except perhaps by those trained by the military or trained professionals. However there is no doubt in my mind that being prepared to defend family and home is a must in today's world.

Hunter2
08-06-2009, 07:05 AM
In Michigan, the State Police data shows that crime has dropped since the Right to Carry has become much easier to get. I believe the Castle law has also been instrumental in that regard. Breaking and entering an occupied home is now viewed as deadly intent up here. Use of deadly force as a deterrent is viewed as justified with a few specified exceptions. That is also now true of breaking into an occupied vehicle.

I do not carry and I have no permit but I do hunt with a handgun when I am licensed.

My life and home was saved when I showed that I was armed. The police said that the only mistake that I made was not pulling the trigger. I was young and alone except for my dog, who took care of one burglar:D. The police shot and killed the burglar that was in my face after he tried to run down an officer following the robbery of a business. Oh, I forgot to mention there were 4 cars filled with these criminals outside my country home. The rest of the story is too long to detail but when they saw the entire neighborhood coming on the back of pickups, they ran, never to be seen again except for the soon to be deceased felon.

Not the only time that I have needed a firearm in the home, but the most notable. My experience has taught me that one never knows how he or she will react in such a circumstance except perhaps by those trained by the military or trained professionals. However there is no doubt in my mind that being prepared to defend family and home is a must in today's world.

ridgehunter, wow what a story. I couldnt imagine that especially at a young age. I have heard the same about statistics in other states. I hope I never am put in a situation as that, as Im sure most fell that way. Hunter2

powermaker
09-16-2009, 02:03 AM
in texas & fl. they have a no retreat law. if they come in your home you can shootem with out having to try and leave. here in Va. you have to try and leave. but i would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. just my 2 cents