PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plug.... Jandao available in NZ

Kiwihunter
11-23-2011, 05:31 AM
The Jandao range of crossbows will soon be available in New Zealand. Up until now they have only been available commercialy here if shipped from Australia, but obviously no local support (and expensive postage fees).
This is all about to change, as my company has secured a deal with the manufacturer for exclusive distribution rights. This means that not only will there be local support, but spares, servicing (if required) will all be readily available, as well as a extended two year warranty as standard.

Jandao crossbows are extremely well made, accurate, and very affordable.

Shameless plug over.... hope this will be of interest to hunters in NZ...

Regards to all.

Jack Pine
11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
The Jandao range of crossbows will soon be available in New Zealand. Up until now they have only been available commercialy here if shipped from Australia, but obviously no local support (and expensive postage fees).
This is all about to change, as my company has secured a deal with the manufacturer for exclusive distribution rights. This means that not only will there be local support, but spares, servicing (if required) will all be readily available, as well as a extended two year warranty as standard.

Regards to all.

Kiwi, haven't heard of them in the US, are they sold here? Got a link?

Jack ><>

Fuzzy
11-23-2011, 09:49 AM

Regards to all.

Hello Kiwihunter. Was reading your post and read the part about here, understanding you mean USA. But that is all I could see on your posting. Good idea to put your location in your profile or at least something to regards to your location or what part of the world you hunt. Would be a good idea to put your bow/arrow/broadhead information in your signature also. That way we do not have to ask the question of what you are shooting. Or we could discuss what your are using if you have the same bow. Also I like to see it to kinda get an idea of what is best for the many different crossbows. Welcome, and I too am a newbie. One reason why I am asking/suggesting for this information.

Kiwihunter
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Kiwi, haven't heard of them in the US, are they sold here? Got a link?

Jack ><>
So sorry that I didn’t respond. Been away from the forum (lost my links etc), also didn’t get a email prompt (I will look at my settings)…

Anyway, yes they are in the US but under a different brand name. I know in Canada they are sold under the name of MAXIMUS.

They are a super bit of kit, very well made and nicely finished. I am giving a two year warranty on them (usual restrictions apply, like don’t cover damage by dry firing, backing over it with the 4X4 etc….).

Might be able to supply to the US, but postage will be the deciding factor. Let me know if you are interested and I will check out the freight. I will help with that if possible ;-)

Kiwihunter
03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Hello Kiwihunter. Was reading your post and read the part about here, understanding you mean USA. But that is all I could see on your posting. Good idea to put your location in your profile or at least something to regards to your location or what part of the world you hunt. Would be a good idea to put your bow/arrow/broadhead information in your signature also. That way we do not have to ask the question of what you are shooting. Or we could discuss what your are using if you have the same bow. Also I like to see it to kinda get an idea of what is best for the many different crossbows. Welcome, and I too am a newbie. One reason why I am asking/suggesting for this information.

Hi there…. No, sorry, by here I mean New Zealand. And, that is where I hunt/live. I will look at changing my profile to reflect that, and thank you for the prompt. Kiwihunter was the clue ;-)

Kiwihunter
03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
As a matter of interest, I myself am struggling to get “stuff” from the US due to all the Bull S*** restrictions that have been placed on exporting ANYTHING to do with firearms and the like. Seems the US have gone into “lockdown mode” in a bid to thwart terrorists. Shame it only seems to effect the small businesses and individuals who want to buy from the US, and who don’t have deep pockets for all the BS and paperwork.

Jack Pine
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
So sorry that I didn’t respond. Been away from the forum (lost my links etc), also didn’t get a email prompt (I will look at my settings)…

Anyway, yes they are in the US but under a different brand name. I know in Canada they are sold under the name of MAXIMUS.

They are a super bit of kit, very well made and nicely finished. I am giving a two year warranty on them (usual restrictions apply, like don’t cover damage by dry firing, backing over it with the 4X4 etc….).

Might be able to supply to the US, but postage will be the deciding factor. Let me know if you are interested and I will check out the freight. I will help with that if possible ;-)

It's OK Kiwi, I found them being sold here under the name "Chace".

Jack ><>

Kiwihunter
03-04-2012, 07:22 PM
It's OK Kiwi, I found them being sold here under the name "Chace".

Jack ><>

Yes, thats the Model (Chace Sun, Chace Moon etc). Do you know what they go for? and would you have a link by any chance please?

Thanks.

Jack Pine
03-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Yes, thats the Model (Chace Sun, Chace Moon etc). Do you know what they go for? and would you have a link by any chance please?

Thanks.

The top of the line [star] 225 draw retailed for 399.99 and included everything but broadheads and a hunting license. I ordered 1 of those and 2 of the smaller 150 lb models. Was thinking of becoming a dealer. Did not like the size of the 225; they didn't have the quality I was looking for and I sent them back. Did not try the compound model, I'm a fan of simple recurves. Try www.chasecrossbows.com

Jack ><>

Kiwihunter
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Jack

Could you tell me what the quality issues were (I know they have recently been upgraded), as I am always looking to improve wherever possible.

Thanks

Jack Pine
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Well the one I liked the most was the [I think it was] the Chace Wind, a very nice, compact 150lb simple recurve. Trouble was, I couldn't get enough adjustment out of the scopes [tried 4 different]; still shot low, couldn't get enough adjustment, but shot very consistent groups. It was underpowered, I think stronger limbs might have helped. Sweet little bow I wanted to keep it bad, but I sent it back in exchange for another. Same issue, but I finally did find a scope to work. The peep and pin sights it came with worked good though; it just needed some more power IMO. If I were going to keep the bow for myself, I would have found a way to shim the mount to get enough adjustment, but I bought these bows to evaluate to see if I wanted to become a dealer. Unfortunately, the Chace Wind seems like I would have had to fool with it to get it right, and I didn't want that for a customer.
The Chace Star 225lb was just huge IMO. I assembled it and found that the string lightly touched the left rail but was slightly up off the right rail. I don't think the riser was cocked, I think the problem was in the limb pockets on the riser. There was enough play in them that if they weren't both in the exact spot, one limb [left] was on a slight downward angle and the right was on a slight upward angle. I think this could have been adjusted, but I don't know if the adjustment would have been permanent or would have "wandered" after it was shot a few times. I didn't mess with the adjustment because frankly, I didn't like the immense size of the bow, it doesn't fit my stealthy style of hunting. The other issue was worse, and I think it was due to a mismatched set of limbs. After only 3 shots, there was scarring on the left rail, and then further down on the right rail, the arrow was not launching straight. Aluminum rails will scar, but it should be even on both sides, this was not.
This is going to sound strange, but they seemed to be well-made, out of good materials, but some things just weren't fitting right. I decided not to sell them because I would want my name associated with better quality, and I didn't want to be bothered with trying to make some of the sloppiness work. I was going to sell some of these bows online, and it seemed to me that someone who might not be very handy, might have had some troubles trying to get these to work like they should. They were priced very good, and as I say, if you would want to do some shimming here and there, I think they would be OK, just not the best.
The other thing I didn't like about them from a dealer standpoint, is that the 225 is an EXACT replica in every way of the Excalibur, right down to the top-releasing string claws and NO AUTO-ENGAGING SAFETY, and I didn't want to get into a legal mess if Excalibur decides to go to court over such an obvious and blatant patent infringement. Frankly, even though they are inexpensive, some better bows can be had here in the US if you watch for sales, etc. I generally buy crossbows for myself in July. The prices are usually lower then, since hunting season is a way off, and buying in July gives you a chance to find all the bugs and get them fixed before hunting season gets here. Last year I bought a Horton TRT Ultra Lite in July, had problems, but got them all taken care of way before hunting season, AND I bought a year-old, but new model for the same money as one of the Chace Star 225's. There were no changes at all between 2010 and 2011 so I didn't mind at all, but since I'm a recurve fan, I sold the TRT UL, and I still have my little Man Kung crossbow. Until someone makes the recurve I'm looking for, I'll keep it to hunt with. I've done a ton of mods to it and it pulls about 200lb [short stroke].

Jack ><>

lrajfeld
03-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi Kiwihunter,
I thought I'd also put in a shameless plug for Jandao manufactured crossbows.
I too don't like the compound crossbow set-up. With all the timing, gears and string replacement issues, I have stuck to Recurve limb crossbows. Their simplicity, reliability and easy serviceability make them the choice for field shooting.
In this vane, I agree with and like the Excalibur philosophy. Their crossbows are without equal and I wish I could afford one. Only Reverse Limb types are better. The Scorpyd is with-out equal. At 11 lbs. total weight, it's too heavy for long sessions which require a rest or shooting-stick.
I have looked for over a year, to find a crossbow to meet my criteria and of a good build quality (Excalibur being the yardstick). Chinese made crossbows are generally of a poor build quality. Only Man Kung, Poe Lang and Jandao seem to be well made, Jandao leading by far.
I came across the Jandao Crossbows only several months ago. It was the Chace Star model: 2008J. A 225 lbs. pull Recurve crossbow.
Quality-wise, it gives the Excalibur a really 'close run for the money'. The Excalibur only just edges in-front.
Accuracey-wise, there is little difference between the two. They both are supremely accurate to 60 yards and over.
Price-wise, the Excalibur is totally out-done. The Excalibur ranges from $700 upwards, depending on accessories. The Chace Star scope package is $420.00. The only short-come being 'no carry-sling'.
This makes the Chace Star 225 lbs. Recurve Crossbow Package 'the best value for money' crossbow on the world market.
I was so impressed, I wanted one.
I was shooting a Poe Lang 'Dessert Hawk' 225 lbs. crossbow with Victory 20 inch carbon arrows with half-moon Lumenok and 100 grain field-points, at the time. It's a good crossbow for the money (around £200.00 in UK), but falls short on quality and long-range accuracy, compared to the 2008J. It's also much noisier when shot.
No one in the UK sells Chace Star. So I contacted Jandao. They supplied me with the full Chace Star range and accessories and srares (i became a dealer). They come in the following draw weights: 225, 200, 175 and 150 lbs.
I can now offer the full Chace Star Recurve Crossbow range at really low prices. I ship worldwide.
Sales inquiries to my email (lrajfeld@o2.co.uk).
I left a review on my introductory message on this forum.
I only get good feedback and highly recommend to look at this range of crossbows before you buy.
Good luck with activities in NZ. Lets hear about performance and interest from your end.
Regards,
Les.

lrajfeld
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Jack,
My first crossbow (which I still have and use) was a Man Kung Mk-120. My wife has one (Mk-120AC) and uses it all the time.
Both crossbows have been heavily modified.
Firstly, they were both stripped to their component parts. It's easy with these crossbow platforms (steady and gently is the way).
Both trigger mechanisms were rebuilt with the spring return for the trigger adjusted for lightest trigger pull. Down to 3.5 lbs. pull and smoother action. Considering the mechanism is made from pressed steel (not cast or machined),a couple of springs and simple block-off safety design, it's strong and reliable. There's still too much trigger travel, but I cannot do anything with that as it's a remote, forward plastic trigger with linkage. The release is a-lot lighter and smoother now.
Next was to remove the Safety Knob on the right-hand side of the trigger assembly (looking from rear). A smaller, slim knob now covers the safety release.
If the crossbow is fired with the safety still engaged, it cannot be disengaged easily. The crossbow will need re-cocking and then the safety disengages easily. All Man Kung trigger mechanisms of this type have this design problem. Not to big a deal.
The next step was to remove the supplied alu-cast scope mounts (11 mm Picatinny) and replace them with an Air-Soft, Weaver (20 mm) scope mount. I mounted them on washers to clear the arrow retainer spring, fixing rivets on the top, front of the trigger housing. The scope-rail mount is very solid (not being cast, there's no chance of cracking with use, common fault with cast mounts).
The rear anchor fixing hole of the trigger mechanism required a largish washer to allow the long, rear fixing screw to be fitted. Rock solid. Otherwise the whole mechanism will pivot forward when cocked (a no,no).
Now they have 20 mm Weaver scope mount rails and good trigger action and safety engage/disengage.
I removed the front sights and fitted them both with Leaper UTG 4 X 32 compact, crossbow scopes with rail mount rings and flip-up lens covers. The scopes are R/G illuminated and multi-reticle (5 aim-points: 10,20,30,40 and 50 yards).
I then fitted my wife's crossbow with a quick-release 6-arrow quiver. I had to drill a small dia. hole at the front, underneath, to fit the quiver attachment mount. It fits OK, across the front, under the prod/limb.
I fitted them both with carry-slings (they already had sling mount points built into the stock).
I got two Butt-extensions from Barnett Crossbows (same as for RC-150 compound, RX-150 Recurve). These extend the stock butt for better aiming comfort (fixing holes already drilled out, from new).
Finally I replaced the prod/limbs on both from 120 to 175 lbs. prod /limb.
The result is a very light-weight (about 5 lbs.), very compact (carbine style), powerful and accurate crossbow, that come into it's own when used in tight places.
The arrow speed increased from 180 to 245 fps. The KE increased from 45 ft/lbs. to 65 ft/lbs (enough to drop a large deer or stag).
We now shoot 17 inch alu. arrows with 125 grain field points (instead of the 14 inch arrows originally supplied), 395 grains in total.
It's accurate at 50 yards, with 3 to 4 inch groups easily achieved. At 20 yards it's down to a 1 inch group.
My wife struggled to cock her crossbow at the increased limb/prod pull weight.
I made her a rope cocker by extending the cocker cord of a standard rope-cocker, so the rear butt grooves (not the butt extenders) are used to lay the cord in and reach from there to the server string to cock her crossbow. It works perfectly for her. I use it most times too (I'll have to get one of my own).
The costs were: My crossbow (black) was £49.95 (inc. postage) and my wife's crossbow (tree-woods camo-design) was £53.50 (no postage). The weaver 20 mm Air-Soft scope mounts were £6.25 each (inc. postage) and the washers and screws, I already had. The Leaper scopes were £91.50 (inc. postage) the pair (in black) with flip-up lens covers and a pair of 1 inch dia. weaver 20 mm scope ring-mounts. The butt-extenders were £15.50 each and Stringers (bastard string) were £15.00 the pair from Barnett Crossbows (inc. postage). The carry sling for mine was in black (from Poe Lang) at £12.79 (no postage) and my wife's is an Allen Company Cascade Neoprene Sling (tree-woods camo-design) at £23.44 (no postage). The 175 lbs limb/prod (one black, one tree-woods camo-design) were from Armex (and I think they are Poe Lang manufacture) at £20.00 each (inc. postage). My wife's detachable, 6-arrow quiver (tree-woods camo-design) was £16.30. Rope cocker was £14.50 (inc. postage). The Para-cord extended rope-cocker cord was £2.50.
That's a total of £362.98, the pair. I later sold the 120 lbs. limbs for £19.00 and £15.00 on ebay.
The overall cost was now £328.98 for the pair.
Not including any cost for arrows, lube-wax, spare string, the total outlay for these crossbows was£328.98. I later bought two crossbow carry-cases at £26.00 each (no postage).
They are a good result and shows how it's possible to customise to your preference's. These crossbows are so different from the basic models we bought, they are no longer recognised as such by friends.
Once modified, the power and accuracy and style suited us both.
One complaint is that because the crossbow is so light and the limb/prod so powerful, there is quite a kick with the recoil. Not enough weight to soak up most of the reactive force.
With practice, we both mastered that, but it surprises most others who have use either of them.
The noise is surprisingly low, when fired. There's a nice, high-pitched, clean ring from the server string, when shot. May-be string-dampeners might help reduce that. I'll try that later.
The server string needs waxing every 5th. shot, otherwise a slight burn smell reminds you.
So far I haven't had to change the server strings, only turn them around every 50 shots or so. We've shot hundreds of arrows.
I have had a Jaguar 175 crossbow, which I sold on Used-Walsall free-ads. I wasn't impressed with the Jaguar. This is the most popular, most sold crossbow in the UK.
I found it's accuracy inconsistent and hard to aim. It had a black wooden stock which was not comfortable to hold, aim and shoot. The main body was an aluminium frame and the flight rail was an integral part and not machined like more expensive types with machined flight rails.
The crossbow I shoot now is a Chace Star 225 lbs. Recurve Crossbow model: 2008J and Victory 20 inch carbon arrows with 100 grain field points and half-moon Lumenok's.
I upgraded from a Poe Lang Dessert Hawk 225 lbs. Recurve Crossbow.
The Chace Star is quieter, faster (higher KE of 90 ft/lbs.) and far more accurate at distances over 50 yards.
The Dessert Hawk was too noisy when shot (not a clean note, but more a thud, some wasted energy there) and kicked more (this time due to poor overall balance (front light)}.
Don't get me wrong, the Dessert Hawk is a good, crossbow (copied from Excalibur at the front and Ten Point at the rear, only 13.5 inch power stroke makes it slightly slower) and well made. At £200.00, I thought "you can't go wrong". You can waste your money, if it doesn't tick all your boxes.
Of the crossbows I've shot, The Scorpyd is the total best. Nothing comes close (425 fps and no recoil and hardly any noise, really quiet). It's heavy at over 11 lbs. weight and it takes too long a time to cock. But it shoots the most accurate at 100 yards and over, of any crossbow in the world to-day.
If I could afford one (if I win the Lottery) I would snap it up in a trice. Otherwise it's out my price-range.
All Reverse Limb Crossbows are the better design and suits compound limbs and wheels as the limbs move outward, not forward. I'd like to see if a Recurve limb could be used in this configuration.
The Excalibur is the best Recurve Crossbow bar none, but the Chinese copy, Chace Star is so damn close and at less then half the cost, without sacrificing quality and accuacy.
Making Chace Star Crossbows the 'Best Value for the Money' by far.
Ten Point GT Flex would be my third choice after Excalibur and Chace Star.
Of the compound crossbows, The Darton Serpent II and Fireforce (over 400 fps, only handled, not fired) are the best, balanced, light, quiet and accurate and will really take some equaling, never mind beating.
I love this sport and so does my wife, it encompasses such a wide range of disciplines, skills and interest.
Eventually I want to put up photos. It's nice to show off once in a while.
With my luck someone will show better at cheaper costs.
Oh well.
I like to read the forums. Distant, Kindred Spirits.
One day I hope to visit my Niece, who lives in Minnesota, USA and get some live hunting in. Never done it.
Regards, Les.

Jack Pine
04-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Sounds like you've had a lot of fun with your MK crossbows, how about some pix, Les?

Jack ><>

outdoorhobbies
04-23-2012, 04:42 AM
I am going to make this very clear so there is no misunderstanding, in conjunction with Excalibur Crossbows (Peter Balfour - Excalibur Crossbows) we have agreed that these Chase Star illegal copies of their products will not be allowed to sold here in the UK. Anyone selling or advertising them will be reported to their local Trading Standards office and Excalibur will provide all the required design patents to successfully prosecute. They have done this in Canada and the USA and in other countries where they have had help from their retailers.

Jack Pine
04-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I am going to make this very clear so there is no misunderstanding, in conjunction with Excalibur Crossbows (Peter Balfour - Excalibur Crossbows) we have agreed that these Chase Star illegal copies of their products will not be allowed to sold here in the UK. Anyone selling or advertising them will be reported to their local Trading Standards office and Excalibur will provide all the required design patents to successfully prosecute. They have done this in Canada and the USA and in other countries where they have had help from their retailers.

Yah, I suspected that could be the case; another reason I decided not to sell them, as I mentioned in another post. I don't blame them one bit, there isn't even a pretense to be anything but a blatant Excalibur patent infringement. I don't need the grief.

Jack ><>

Joe T.
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
The U.S. website is www.chacecrossbows.com

They spell it chace, not chase.

TheCrossbowStore.com
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Or you can buy them from us and we'll ship them to almost anywhere in the world. There are many good reviews out there on these crossbows. They are offered at many different price points for the same bow. If you can find the best deal then jump at it, I believe we have the best deal on the net as we are offering them at BLOWOUT prices for a limited time.