PDA

View Full Version : CR-006 Poe Lang Crosbow Optical Scope

avgvstvs
09-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Dear members!

Long time i don't have free time to write here. Im glad the forum is looking better now. I have some maybe stupid question. before some times i also used to shoot a air rifle. So because i sold the air rifle but i have the scope from her.
Actually now mine crossbow model CR-006 Poe Lang 150lbs has a red dot. It is very useful, i love mine crossbow. I have a very nice time hunting small animals,mostly birds and one smaller pig.
So mine question is can i put on him optical scope for air rifle (Model Norica 3-9x40). I'm afraid that the crossbow will broke the scope. PLS. Tell me i have wrong opinion!
In only local store here in Skopje, Macedonia, where they sell the crossbows and equipment tell me that is not recommend to use that scope for any crossbow.

THX. Marjan

Jack Pine
09-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Dear members!

Long time i don't have free time to write here. Im glad the forum is looking better now. I have some maybe stupid question. before some times i also used to shoot a air rifle. So because i sold the air rifle but i have the scope from her.
Actually now mine crossbow model CR-006 Poe Lang 150lbs has a red dot. It is very useful, i love mine crossbow. I have a very nice time hunting small animals,mostly birds and one smaller pig.
So mine question is can i put on him optical scope for air rifle (Model Norica 3-9x40). I'm afraid that the crossbow will broke the scope. PLS. Tell me i have wrong opinion!
In only local store here in Skopje, Macedonia, where they sell the crossbows and equipment tell me that is not recommend to use that scope for any crossbow.

THX. Marjan

Marjan, it's good to hear from you again, don't stay away so long! Your question is not stupid, many people wonder the same thing. The only scope safe for crossbows is a scope made specifically to handle the reverse recoil of crossbows, and even some of those fail. Some airgun equipment will work for crossbows and your scope might be OK, but it might not.
I just had a sight go bad that is made to handle the recoil of a shotgun, but the reverse recoil of my crossbow ruined it pretty quick and I have to replace it. If you don't care one way or another, go ahead and try it, not all riflescopes are ruined by crossbows, and many air rifle scopes can be used without damage on a crossbow, but you won't know for sure until you try. I guess the questions I would ask myself are: Are you willing to take the risk? How will it affect you if your scope gets ruined?

Jack ><>

avgvstvs
09-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes i will try this weekend. There is no warranty until i check. When i compare the mine crossbow reversed recoil from the air gun which one has the speed of 1000 f/s (305m/s), i think there is actually equal to zero.
Also Jack i have a habit to put wax on string on every 5th shoot. Its fine but it become some boring sometime, specially when i do target practicing. Should i do that thing more often or depend from the situation, how the string look.

THX Jack!

Jack Pine
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Yes i will try this weekend. There is no warranty until i check. When i compare the mine crossbow reversed recoil from the air gun which one has the speed of 1000 f/s (305m/s), i think there is actually equal to zero.
Also Jack i have a habit to put wax on string on every 5th shoot. Its fine but it become some boring sometime, specially when i do target practicing. Should i do that thing more often or depend from the situation, how the string look.

THX Jack!

Marjan, use wax when it needs it, where the string [serving] contacts the rail. Once the center serving is waxed well, just put it on the rail when it looks like it needs it for lubrication.

Jack ><>

avgvstvs
09-16-2011, 02:01 AM
I see, thx, usually i put wax on all string. Mine misfortune mistake maybe. It was recommended from the store where i buy the crossbow. Nut i think that persons there are not so good in this stuff.

THX.

Jack Pine
09-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I see, thx, usually i put wax on all string. Mine misfortune mistake maybe. It was recommended from the store where i buy the crossbow. Nut i think that persons there are not so good in this stuff.

THX.

Marjan, the string itself should be waxed, but doesn't need constant attention. Usually once is enough and will last a long time. Waxing the string itself helps keep it from fraying and getting ragged. The center serving [wrapping] where it contacts the rail is what needs watching, don't let it get dry or it will wear the serving out. If you use some super glue on the ends of the serving, it can help keep them from coming unravelled if that has been a problem.

Jack ><>

avgvstvs
09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
THX. Jack i understand, also on some you tube videos, some person from ten point talk about the oil lubricant on the rail. I understand ok, but here in mine local store they sell only wax, in last month they received i think about lubricant oil for the rail they never hear. Can i use some machining oil for example, just few drops on the rail.

Look this is the video i look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYAZTHqY5vw